hi, i've been trying to get lorcon working so I can play with some cool wireless exploits on metasploit.
I have 2 chipsets:
1)rtl8187 (not supported by lorcon, however I tried setting it to use rtl8180 but I get "lorcon does not support setting the tx rate for this interface")
2)rt61 (supported by lorcon, I also tried rt2500 and rt2570, but all three settings return: cannot initialize interface (I know it doesnt make sense...))
anyway I just thought that maybe someone here got it working with one of these chipsets, or maybe give me some help on how I can modify the source to skip some steps and recompile it, cause i'm not familiar with ruby. tnx.