Dual Boot BackTrack And Windows7
From BackTrack Linux
NOTE: The following method of installation is the simplest available. We have made it in the assumption that you have a Windows installation that is taking up all the space on your disk drive and you would like to resize and repartition the disk drive in order to allow a BackTrack install alongside your Windows.
- Let's run through the installer step by step:
- We select our language, in this case English and then click the Forward button.
- Here we select out geographical location (The Region and Time Zone) and click Forward.
- Chose your keyboard layout. We are going to leave it the default which is USA and click Forward.
- Now it’s time to partition the Disk, for a quick and successful dual-boot install we will choose the Install them side by side, choosing between them each startup option and hit Forward..
- WARNING: The installer might stop at certain percentages, leave it for a few minutes and it will resume.
- Hit the Restart Now button, and enjoy Backtrack!
- When the computer will boot, you will be given a choice to boot Backtrack or Windows.
- After the reboot, you can log in with the default username root and password toor. Do not forget to change this default root password by issuing the passwd command.
- As you can see the splash screen disappeared after the reboot. In order to fix it just run fix-splash, and the splash screen will appear on the next boot.