From BackTrack Linux
Configuring Autoscan in Backtrack 5
What is Autoscan?
In short Autoscan is a network discovering and managing application. It's main purpose being to quickly identify connected machines/equipment in a network environment.
- Let's quickly configure autoscan in Backtrack5, you can find it using the menu in:
BackTrack -> Information Gathering -> Network Analysis -> Network Scanners -> autoscan
- As soon as we launch it from the menu we will begin our configuration wizard, click on Forward to move on:
- Now we are going to configure a new Network and add our own data by clicking the Add button:
- Select your network interface (wlan0 in this case):
- After that we are asked to confirm our settings:
- Here is some output similar to what you will see on some devices: