BackTrack Clean Hard Drive Install
This method of installation is the simplest available. The assumption is that the whole hard drive is going to be used for BackTrack.
- Boot BackTrack on the machine to be installed. Once booted, type in “startx” to get to the KDE graphical interface.
- Double click the “install.sh” script on the desktop, or run the command “ubiquity” in console.
- Select your geographical location and click “forward”. Same for the Keyboard layout.
- The next screen allows you to configure the partitioning layout. The assumption is that we are deleting the whole drive and installing BackTrack on it.
- Accept the installation summary and client “Install”. Allow the installation to run and complete. Restart when done.
- Log into BackTrack with the default username and password root / toor. Change root password.
- Fix the framebuffer splash by typing “fix-splash” ( or “fix-splash800″ if you wish a 800×600 framebuffer), reboot.