Thread: 2 to 1 wifi there mine or will be

Just burned his ISO

Cool 2 to 1 wifi there mine or will be

hello all,
    i got a question and before anyone posts anything asking am i cracking the next doors no i am not, the truth of the matter is i asked my isp for an upgrade on my line to 4mb but this will cost 160 euro pm however i asked them how much would i be able to get a second line (phone line) in and this was free and 3 mb is 49 so i asked them could i have broadband on the 2 lines and they had no prob with this -- now to the question can i get the 2 wifi signals to one when i am downloading == serious guys i aint hackin nothing i read some posts and thought they were so funny heheehheheheheheheh otf

Just burned his ISO

just a little something to test = Xbox and PS3 Woow guys i tested WEP and had mine broked in like 20 seconds while they were on the wifi my eyes nearly fell out of my head found ps3 the quickest it was like command command broken ffs

Quote Originally Posted by wallis View Post
    hello all,
    i got a question and before anyone posts anything asking am i cracking the next doors no i am not, the truth of the matter is i asked my isp for an upgrade on my line to 4mb but this will cost 160 euro pm however i asked them how much would i be able to get a second line (phone line) in and this was free and 3 mb is 49 so i asked them could i have broadband on the 2 lines and they had no prob with this -- now to the question can i get the 2 wifi signals to one when i am downloading == serious guys i aint hackin nothing i read some posts and thought they were so funny heheehheheheheheheh otf
    Hi, if you mean combining the two broadband connections to a faster 7mb connection? I don't think so but I stand to be corrected.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

What you're asking for is called "bandwidth aggregation" and "load balancing". You can aggregate the two data lines. Here's a link on how to do it using FreeBSD:

http://www.michaelbrumm.com/how-to-a...bandwidth.html
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

But this is subtly different to line bonding, which it sounds as if the OP is actually looking for, isn't it?

Load balancing will attempt to evenly distribute the data load throughout available bandwidth generally, for example with 2x 4mb lines one file download cannot exceed the 4mb capacity of one line and all other traffic may be shifted to the second line, allowing a greater "totally available" bandwidth, as opposed to a greater "singly available" bandwidth.

Whereas, in contrast, line bonding will actually make all of the total bandwidth available to even just one "connection", i.e. a single file download may be achieved at (theoretically) 8mb by using 2x 4mb lines.......
    Is this more like "aggregated bandwidth"?

I looked at line bonding once and that is how I understood its principals, as compared to load balancing?
    (I had intending to use 2x wic1-adsl cards in a Cisco router, using 2x 16mb lines, but it apparently required compliance on the IPS's part - although I never did check that the wic1-adsl's were actually adsl2/2+ compatible)

Just burned his ISO

Default ummmm thanks for the replys

interesting i am now going to look into all the above and again thanks for the replys i am not really bothered about getting a top download speed from one file, but was thinking if i simply made or created 2 new ath0&1 from wifi0
    and got them to connect to different ssid would this work before i go ahead and get another phone line connected to my home, another thought i had, how would i over come the problem say if i had a torrent client running or two different clients running and to get each client to run from a different connnection. would my wifi card allow this would i be able to configure my clients to connect to different connections.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Just burned his ISO

thanks again

Just burned his ISO

Default seems to be the way to go

after reading that link this seems to be the way to go i am going to test it and again thanks alot