Thread: hostap_cs drivers (not the typical question)

Just burned his ISO

Default hostap_cs drivers (not the typical question)

when i load my senao 2511 into the slot, obviously BT2.0 loads the wrong drivers. so i switch them using the rmmod cmd. but heres my question, when using the wrong drivers...the card works and detects networks. as soon as i put the hostap_cs drivers, nothing works. cant detect any networks

anyone?

IIRC, when hostap loads it puts the card into Master (AP) mode default. You can verify this by running iwconfig after loading the drivers. To fix this, from a prompt,

ifconfig wlan0 down
    iwconfig wlan0 mode managed
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    iwlist wlan0 scan

This is a typical question, btw, but I was bored.

If you want to fix this permanently on a hard drive install or save changes partition, you can edit /etc/rc.d/rc.wireless.conf. Add the following

#Senao
    00:02:6F:*
    INFO="Senao"
    Mode="Managed"
    ESSID="any"

The file is well commented. Read it. There is a section you'll need to comment out for this to work.

Good Luck

Just burned his ISO

followed all the directions. still no luck.

Does your card work in windows?

After running your "rmmod cmd" and loading the hostap drivers, post the results of iwconfig and lsmod. You should also post the exact commands you are using.

You could "tail -f /var/log/messages" and then insert your card. You might see something interesting in the log.

You should try to blacklist the orinoco drivers before inserting your card. This way, the orinoco modules never get loaded.

Good Luck

When using the wrong drivers I presume orinoco_cs? The timing is incorrect for those.

When using hostap_cs, did you update your drivers and/or firmware? What is the firmware that you have got on 2511cd?