Thread: Disable USB in Windows XP?

Default Disable USB in Windows XP?

Hi all, I'm currently working on a java program that when loaded, goes fullscreen and plays a video or music (I haven't decided yet). Problem is, I don't want the user to be able to exit out of the program until the song or video is completed. However, any user with the smallest amount of intelligence would hit ctrl alt delete and end the task or process or hit alt and minimize the window. My idea for a solution to this is to disable usb inputs to the system and then restart them when the video/song is complete. I'm designing this for xp so is there a service that I can stop that will disable usb? Or something else? Any help or a point in the right direction is awesome. Thanks!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Windows XP ????

Are you sure you are in the right place?

Wouldn't your question be better served by the windows xp or java communities?

Or am I missing something here?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Well, I doubted that a programming forum would help me disable usb on a fullscreen program. It seems quite malicious. But yea your probably right, I should hit up sun's forums and see what happens. Sorry bout that mate.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ESC201 View Post
    Well, I doubted that a programming forum would help me disable usb on a fullscreen program. It seems quite malicious. But yea your probably right, I should hit up sun's forums and see what happens. Sorry bout that mate.
    No need to apologize Just seems to me that you would get better help at a forum or whatever for windows xp or java as opposed to a linux pentest disto forum.
    just my 2 cents.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ESC201 View Post
    Hi all, I'm currently working on a java program that when loaded, goes fullscreen and plays a video or music (I haven't decided yet). Problem is, I don't want the user to be able to exit out of the program until the song or video is completed. However, any user with the smallest amount of intelligence would hit ctrl alt delete and end the task or process or hit alt and minimize the window. My idea for a solution to this is to disable usb inputs to the system and then restart them when the video/song is complete. I'm designing this for xp so is there a service that I can stop that will disable usb? Or something else? Any help or a point in the right direction is awesome. Thanks!
    My solution to your prevention mechanism is to connect a PS/2 keyboard.

However, I'm sure you can programmatically disable keyboard input. In fact a quick session of google'fu will give you lots of results. Including:
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/vb/LockKeyboard.aspx

As other have tried to point out you'll likely get better answers on Usernet/google groups or technet.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    My solution to your prevention mechanism is to connect a PS/2 keyboard.

However, I'm sure you can programmatically disable keyboard input. In fact a quick session of google'fu will give you lots of results. Including:
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/vb/LockKeyboard.aspx

As other have tried to point out you'll likely get better answers on Usernet/google groups or technet.
    I figured I would work on PS/2 inputs after knocking down usb. No need to now though, that code works perfectly. I made a few modifications and it works exactly as I need it to. Thanks you sir.