Thread: suggest additional wireless card for laptop

Just burned his ISO

Default suggest additional wireless card for laptop

hi all,

if youknow some good wireless card for PCMCI that would extend my cart power and range of my wireless and that it's supported by backtrack , please post it here

: )

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: suggest additional wireless card for laptop

I use a Netgear WG511v1 that works great. Should be able to pick one up on ebay cheap. Plus there is tut somewhere to add an external antenna/bnc connection.

Just a thought

Just burned his ISO

I know you said you wanted a PCMCIA card, but I just purchased the Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW USB Adapter (and a 9dBi imni antenna) and it is absolutely phenomenal. Just got it today and I was able to pick up wireless networks EASILY 1,000 feet away (2+ blocks) and was able to hack/crack a WEP-encrypted network in a mere 15 minutes. I got 30,000 data packets in 15 minutes. It doesn't get much better than that.

The built-in antenna and the small externl one work just fine, but I just slipped the omni antenna out my sunroof and onto the top of my car (it was a slightly magnetic base so it stays put) and it really boosts the range.

The adapter cost me $40 and the extra antenna was $15 from data-alliance.net (forgive me if I can't post URL's) and the entire process online order process was very good.

Nonetheless, I know this doesn't answer your question regarding a PCMCIA card, but you absolutely can not go wrong with the above hardware...

Why do u want a PCMIA card over usb?
    I got a Alfa AWUS036H 500w came with 2 antennas..cheap, good card.
    You know u need a usb wifi to use BT4 on vmware / virtual box?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Why do u want a PCMIA card over usb?
    I got a Alfa AWUS036H 500w came with 2 antennas..cheap, good card.
    You know u need a usb wifi to use BT4 on vmware / virtual box?
    well USB is good as well but i assume that there is maybe better hardware packed in PCMCI card than in USB stick... only that..

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasBen View Post
    I know you said you wanted a PCMCIA card, but I just purchased the Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW USB Adapter (and a 9dBi imni antenna) and it is absolutely phenomenal. Just got it today and I was able to pick up wireless networks EASILY 1,000 feet away (2+ blocks) and was able to hack/crack a WEP-encrypted network in a mere 15 minutes. I got 30,000 data packets in 15 minutes. It doesn't get much better than that.

The built-in antenna and the small externl one work just fine, but I just slipped the omni antenna out my sunroof and onto the top of my car (it was a slightly magnetic base so it stays put) and it really boosts the range.

The adapter cost me $40 and the extra antenna was $15 from data-alliance.net (forgive me if I can't post URL's) and the entire process online order process was very good.

Nonetheless, I know this doesn't answer your question regarding a PCMCIA card, but you absolutely can not go wrong with the above hardware...

Thank you very much i think that you got me with your impressions.. i think that is good choice, it's important that it works with BT

thank you
    Last edited by lupin; 02-09-2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Merging...