Thread: Screen size issue running in Fusion

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Screen size issue running in Fusion

Hello,

I am running BT4 Final in Fusion 3.0.1 on a MacBook Pro. There is a black 1 inch margin on the sides of the screen when BT4 is in full screen mode. I have VMWare Tools installed. I have executed the "fix-vesa" script and added 1440x900 to my modes in xorg.conf. The best resolution that I get is 1024x768, but still with the 1 inch black margins.

I have Ubuntu 9.10 in another VM and I am getting a full screen 1440x900 without side margins.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I am overlooking?

Thanks!

Default Re: Screen size issue running in Fusion

Does Fusion have installable tools, like VMware and Virtualbox? Because it sounds to me like you're using a "square" resolution in your VM as opposed to the VM software resizing your display for your widescreen monitor.
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

Just burned his ISO

Yeah, I have the VMWare tools installed successfully. It would be really convenient if I could get the screen to resize, like my Ubuntu VM does. I could really use the extra real estate.

First off I will apologize for not having your answer. I seem to have a similar issue where bt4 just does not detect / display in the max resolution my vidcard / monitor is capable of. However ubuntu does. I have started a post. You could look it up. I have an aver aspire one and no matter what I do to the xorg.conf file I can not get the Rez to work. Bets I can do is add in "virtual" rezolutions and have the video go all screwie. If any one can give you or me an answer then that would be great.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by xX_Spiidey_Xx View Post
    Does Fusion have installable tools, like VMware and Virtualbox? Because it sounds to me like you're using a "square" resolution in your VM as opposed to the VM software resizing your display for your widescreen monitor.
    Actually, the VM screen stretches, but there are two black margins on the side of the screen and the menu bar at the bottom of the screen does not stretch. I'm not sure that helps, but that is what I'm experiencing.

Thanks.