Thread: Get BT Kernel only

Just burned his ISO

Default Get BT Kernel only

Hi,

I really like BT, it's a great system, but the only problem I have with it is KDE. I have an old Laptop (Pentium 3, 128 MB of RAM, 12GB HD, Trident Microsystems Cyber 9525 Graphics Card) that can barely work when KDE is running on it. So I wanted to ask here if it is possible to either install BT without the KDE Desktop on it, or, which is what I would prefer, to just download the Kernel of BT3 and implement it into some other system, because I need at least the kernel, 'cause that's the only kernel I know so far that supports my WLAN Card for monitor mode.

Thanks in advance,

Manihax

Developer

the kernel for BT3 is 2.6.21.5 however that does not include the kernel patches which is what allows your card to go in monitor mode.

You should try flux box instead its already included in bt3. At the point where you type startx just type "flux" instead and see if that desktop is more suited for your machine. I use Xfce myself which is very light weight but it must be installed as it does not come by default on bt3.

Just burned his ISO

Is there a possibility to get the kernel with the patches ? I remember that when I put in uname -r it said something like NoSMP and some other stuff after the version number.