Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: discover proxy information

Just burned his ISO

Default discover proxy information

im currently trying to work on connecting to the internet through my network but which connects to the internet via a proxy. what i want to do is to be able to discover the proxy information (address and port) with backtrack. is it possible to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by DontLookDown View Post
    which connects to the internet via a proxy.
    This is a very generic term. Do you mean that you are using a proxy for all of you internet traffic? Or are you using a SOCKS client to bounce program connections through a proxy?

Unless someone can correct me here, you cannot completely "proxify" your internet connection; for example I know that scanners send RAW packets which cannot be "cloaked" via proxy.

Also, as a word of advice I would be VERY CAREFUL if I were you when it came to proxy use. Sure, they advertise themeselves as "free methods to protect against big brother" but in reality, do you really think that someone is going to set up a high-bandwith box for random people to connect to? Many of them probably log all connections/traffic, so I would think twice about logging onto any sensitive site requiring a username/password.
    "Sure is for people with nothing on the line.....you and me? We just get on with it."

-Garabaldi

Just burned his ISO

its just a http proxy. i know that they log everything...its just i was wondering whether it is possible (using backtracks large list of programs) to discover the proxy to the internet?

im currently trying to work on connecting to the internet through my network but which connects to the internet via a proxy. what i want to do is to be able to discover the proxy information (address and port) with backtrack. is it possible to do this?
    How do you know your network connects via a proxy if you don't know what the proxy is? can't you find out form your internet provider?

To answer your question, it is possible to use a proxy/port scanner if you know what you're doing.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Why not just look at you're traffic log with "the" sniffer. Should'nt take long to figure it out. Think of it as homework. I would like a full report by morning please.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    Why not just look at you're traffic log with "the" sniffer. Should'nt take long to figure it out. Think of it as homework. I would like a full report by morning please.
    that sounds good....could you embelish the method?

Have you used your network before to connect to the internet. If so... how did you connect if you don't know the proxy?
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    Have you used your network before to connect to the internet. If so... how did you connect if you don't know the proxy?
    More than likely he is talking about a computer network that he/she uses in Work/School. Thats why he/she doesn't know the address of the proxy.

This is malicious intent if I'm not mistaken.

I could, but then you would learn nothing.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

I don't think "embellish" is really the word you want.

1. To make beautiful, as by ornamentation; decorate.
    2. To add ornamental or fictitious details to: a fanciful account that embellishes the true story.
    Just check your proxy settings under Winblows and use those settings on your BT box.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast