Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AIrcrack + >2gb dict files

Just burned his ISO

I just tried cracking some WPA caps with cowpatty and my larger word lists...same thing...it errors out.

Is it something with my filesystem or kernel or ?

Just burned his ISO

I just wanted to pop on and say that Cowpatty has no problems with the large dictionary files. While I don't mind using genpmk / Cowpatty, I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong with Aircrack?

Quote Originally Posted by wylde342 View Post
    (brute .txt is a 140gig dict)

head brute.txt (just to show it's valid)
    bt sdc1 # head brute.txt

bt sdc1 # aircrack-ng -w brute.txt -a 2 -b 00:13:46:87:B1:CC wpa-01.cap
    Empty dictionnary
    Empty dictionnary
    Please specify a dictionary (option -w).

??
    I'm actually getting the same problem as yours. I just downloaded pureh@te's 2.5GB list. Also getting the Empty Dictionary error. Does it matter of the path to the dictionary is on an XP (FAT32) partition. I'm running a USB Live Disk and don't have 2.5GB space left on my stick.

Good friend of the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I'm actually getting the same problem as yours. I just downloaded pureh@te's 2.5GB list. Also getting the Empty Dictionary error. Does it matter of the path to the dictionary is on an XP (FAT32) partition. I'm running a USB Live Disk and don't have 2.5GB space left on my stick.
    It doesn't matter where the dictionary is. What you need to do is use the split command (man split) to create two 1.25 GB files from the 2.5 GB file. Since BT3 final is coming soon the new version of aircrack might not have the 2GB filesize problem.

I wonder where wylde342 got brute.txt? Not that I would want it. I don't have have room for a file that big. Just curious.
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

Quote Originally Posted by bofh28 View Post
    It doesn't matter where the dictionary is. What you need to do is use the split command (man split) to create two 1.25 GB files from the 2.5 GB file. Since BT3 final is coming soon the new version of aircrack might not have the 2GB filesize problem.

I wonder where wylde342 got brute.txt? Not that I would want it. I don't have have room for a file that big. Just curious.
    Bro! Thanx a lot. You were absolutely right. After splitting them , I had no problems. I searched all over for a solution to this and you finally ended my frustration. I had no idea the beta version couldn't handle files larger than 2GB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12