Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: AIrcrack + >2gb dict files

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default AIrcrack + >2gb dict files

    Does anybody else run into the restriction of a 2gb dictionary file when using Aircrack? I'm running of the USB BT3 live option but have a 500gb ext3 sata drive I'm performing all my work with. I have a wordlist I generated with crunch and Aircrack reports "Empty dictionary." I also compiled some of Xploit's lists into a single file that's 6 gigs and get the same thing. Any dic files under 2gb seem to work fine.

    Any help?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wylde342 View Post
    Does anybody else run into the restriction of a 2gb dictionary file when using Aircrack? I'm running of the USB BT3 live option but have a 500gb ext3 sata drive I'm performing all my work with. I have a wordlist I generated with crunch and Aircrack reports "Empty dictionary." I also compiled some of Xploit's lists into a single file that's 6 gigs and get the same thing. Any dic files under 2gb seem to work fine.

    Any help?
    can you post your commands EXACTLY so we can see what it is your typing & where your going wrong?

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default

    (brute .txt is a 140gig dict)

    head brute.txt (just to show it's valid)
    bt sdc1 # head brute.txt
    11111111
    11111112
    11111113
    11111114
    11111115
    11111116
    11111117
    11111118
    11111119
    11111110


    bt sdc1 # aircrack-ng -w brute.txt -a 2 -b 00:13:46:87:B1:CC wpa-01.cap
    Empty dictionnary
    Empty dictionnary
    Please specify a dictionary (option -w).

    ??

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wylde342 View Post
    (brute .txt is a 140gig dict)

    head brute.txt (just to show it's valid)
    bt sdc1 # head brute.txt
    11111111
    11111112
    11111113
    11111114
    11111115
    11111116
    11111117
    11111118
    11111119
    11111110


    bt sdc1 # aircrack-ng -w brute.txt -a 2 -b 00:13:46:87:B1:CC wpa-01.cap
    Empty dictionnary
    Empty dictionnary
    Please specify a dictionary (option -w).

    ??
    mmm..... Can you try
    aircrack-ng -w brute.txt *.cap
    also, make sure that your brute.txt is in your SAME directory as your wpa-01.cap files

    1 more thing, can you try create a test.txt password file with YOUR KEY IN IT & try the same but the 'test.txt' instead of the brute.txt also ensuring its in same directory

  5. #5
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Test 1 - this got a "bit" further:

    bt sdc1 # aircrack-ng -w brute.txt *.cap
    Empty dictionnary
    Empty dictionnary
    Opening flesch-01.cap
    Read 3037 packets.

    # BSSID ESSID Encryption

    1 00:13:46:87:B1:CC flesch WPA (1 handshake)

    Choosing first network as target.

    Opening flesch-01.cap
    Please specify a dictionary (option -w).


    Quitting aircrack-ng...

    Does this point to anything?

  6. #6
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Just ran the aircrack-ng with a 3mb dic file in the directory and it worked just fine.

  7. #7
    Junior Member Luciano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wylde342 View Post
    (brute .txt is a 140gig dict)

    head brute.txt (just to show it's valid)
    bt sdc1 # head brute.txt
    11111111
    11111112
    11111113
    11111114
    11111115
    11111116
    11111117
    11111118
    11111119
    11111110


    bt sdc1 # aircrack-ng -w brute.txt -a 2 -b 00:13:46:87:B1:CC wpa-01.cap
    Empty dictionnary
    Empty dictionnary
    Please specify a dictionary (option -w).

    ??
    I'm actually getting the same problem as yours. I just downloaded pureh@te's 2.5GB list. Also getting the Empty Dictionary error. Does it matter of the path to the dictionary is on an XP (FAT32) partition. I'm running a USB Live Disk and don't have 2.5GB space left on my stick.

  8. #8
    Good friend of the forums
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    outside chicago, il
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I'm actually getting the same problem as yours. I just downloaded pureh@te's 2.5GB list. Also getting the Empty Dictionary error. Does it matter of the path to the dictionary is on an XP (FAT32) partition. I'm running a USB Live Disk and don't have 2.5GB space left on my stick.
    It doesn't matter where the dictionary is. What you need to do is use the split command (man split) to create two 1.25 GB files from the 2.5 GB file. Since BT3 final is coming soon the new version of aircrack might not have the 2GB filesize problem.

    I wonder where wylde342 got brute.txt? Not that I would want it. I don't have have room for a file that big. Just curious.
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

  9. #9
    Junior Member Luciano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh28 View Post
    It doesn't matter where the dictionary is. What you need to do is use the split command (man split) to create two 1.25 GB files from the 2.5 GB file. Since BT3 final is coming soon the new version of aircrack might not have the 2GB filesize problem.

    I wonder where wylde342 got brute.txt? Not that I would want it. I don't have have room for a file that big. Just curious.
    Bro! Thanx a lot. You were absolutely right. After splitting them , I had no problems. I searched all over for a solution to this and you finally ended my frustration. I had no idea the beta version couldn't handle files larger than 2GB.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •