Thread: Help with latitude D620

Just burned his ISO

Default Help with latitude D620

Hi, i have recently got a new laptop, a Dell Latitude D620 and read on the laptop list it works fully with injection. However when i start trying to use airmon and the aircrack suit, i use the command airmon-ng stop eht1 and it shows the eth1 which uses the broadcom bcm43xx chipset. I am using the same commands as with my atheros chipset wirless card apart from changing the ath0 to eth1. When i put it into monitor mode and scan, all the wireless have 0 power, even my own.

Any idea as to what im doing wrong, maybe i need to use different commands?

Thanks

broadcom bcm43xx chipset?

this laptop actually connect at all?

sorry to sound skeptical but broadcom has kicked me in the face more than once. i'm definitely NOT a fan.

you are right that the BT shipped driver has been patched for injection, but i still say you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. if it were me, i'd grab a good wifi card to use on the side.
    sorry im not much help, just trying to save you some misery. (i own a d620 as well)....

as an aside, if you used ndiswrapper to get this card up, forget injection altogether.

~k
    "...you've picked up a bit of an attitude. Still curious and willing to learn, I hope. "

Just burned his ISO

yes,i have the same problem.. can some1 please help?

Just burned his ISO

You could see if this thread helps.

showthread.php?t=9083

I messed with Broadcom for about 30 seconds then went and got a Netgear card. Kr0m3 is right, it would be easiest just to get a new card, but hopefully that thread can be of some assistance.
    never underestimate the power of idiots in a group