Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: missing file dont know what to do........

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default missing file dont know what to do........

    bt ~ # hsfconfig
    Conexant HSF softmodem driver, version 7.68.00.07full

    If you need license keys, assistance or more information, please go to:


    When reporting a problem for the first time, please send
    us the file generated by "hsfconfig --dumpdiag".

    No pre-built modules for: Slackware-Slackware linux-2.6.20-BT-PwnSauce-NOSMP i686

    Trying to automatically build the driver modules...
    (this requires a C compiler and proper kernel sources to be installed)

    Where is the linux source build directory that matches your running kernel?
    [/lib/modules/2.6.20-BT-PwnSauce-NOSMP/build] hsfmodem_7.68.00.07full_k2.6.20_16_generic_ubuntu_ i386.deb

    WARNING: missing file hsfmodem_7.68.00.07full_k2.6.20_16_generic_ubuntu_ i386.deb/include/linux/autoconf.h
    The cause of this is usually a missing or unconfigured
    kernel source tree (and sometimes an incorrect directory or symbolic link).

    First, ensure that the proper kernel source and compiler packages
    from your distribution vendor and/or the community are installed.

    The Linux kernel can then be reconfigured by running "make menuconfig"
    under the kernel source directory (usually /usr/src/linux).

    Verify that the proper options for your system are selected.

    Then compile and install your new kernel (for more information about
    this procedure, see the README file under the kernel source directory),
    reboot the system using the new kernel, and re-run "hsfconfig".

  2. #2
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frezasaga View Post

    Where is the linux source build directory that matches your running kernel?
    [/lib/modules/2.6.20-BT-PwnSauce-NOSMP/build] hsfmodem_7.68.00.07full_k2.6.20_16_generic_ubuntu_i386.deb

    WARNING: missing file hsfmodem_7.68.00.07full_k2.6.20_16_generic_ubuntu_i386.deb/include/linux/autoconf.h
    The cause of this is usually a missing or unconfigured
    kernel source tree (and sometimes an incorrect directory or symbolic link).
    Your trying to use debian packages on slax (slackware)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    yeah cuz the driver of my modem is in debian file..........i try to resolve my dependencies but its not working........

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frezasaga View Post
    yeah cuz the driver of my modem is in debian file..........i try to resolve my dependencies but its not working........
    Slax packages have the .tgz extension.

    Slax modules have the .lzm or the older .mo format in which case you would do a mo2tgz conversion.

    It's also possible to convert a rpm package to tgz using the rpm2tgz command.

    Otherwise you can try compiling from source.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    is there a method for converting a .deb to tgz file format..........

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frezasaga View Post
    is there a method for converting a .deb to tgz file format..........
    It looks like... see here ==> http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

  7. #7
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frezasaga View Post
    is there a method for converting a .deb to tgz file format..........
    deb2tgz, and its already installed in BackTrack. It may require dpkg.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    57

    Default

    thanks mate my gratitude is your palm.......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •