Thread: Tools to test wireless network strength.

Default Tools to test wireless network strength.

Hi very very soon I would have my wireless network up and running.But I would like to test the strength of my wpa/wep protection.Could you please give me a lists of the best suited software and hardware that i will need to get that works under windows xp?I need to make my wireless network very difficult to penetrate as possible.thanks......

Quote Originally Posted by platinumsteel View Post
    Hi very very soon I would have my wireless network up and running.But I would like to test the strength of my wpa/wep protection.Could you please give me a lists of the best suited software and hardware that i will need to get that works under windows xp?I need to make my wireless network very difficult to penetrate as possible.thanks......
    I don't know about best suited software and hardware for Windows. But I can tell you that in order to make your wireless network secure, DO NOT USE WEP ENCRYPTION.

For best protection USE WPA ENCRYPTION with a long random password, using uppercase, lowercase and symbols.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

ok pal thanks for that information...i had it on wep i will go ahead and switch it too wpa now and use a strong pass key.....thanks again.

Developer

We do not support windows here

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    We do not support windows here
    Most of us don't @ least
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

I reckon you were a very intelligent dude in your school days bro....that is what i call a direct answer to an indirect question...thanks hhmat81 for reading along the lines, i would see how i can take off from here.....