Thread: Create personal live cd

Just burned his ISO

Default Create personal live cd

is there any way to create a personal live cd, adding modules (ndiswrapper & C.) changing the default layout, default lang..?
    Can i download the .iso, modify it, and burn?
    Thanks

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by homen3 View Post
    is there any way to create a personal live cd, adding modules (ndiswrapper & C.) changing the default layout, default lang..?
    Can i download the .iso, modify it, and burn?
    Thanks
    Yes you can.
    You can add modules in the .lzm format to the modules directory and then re burn the iso and there ya go.
    There is a thread here somewhere on it.

EDIT: Here is a video tutorial done by one of the mods here on adding modules to your iso
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=11808
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

What if i have to update some driver and also update the aireplay version on my personal live CD? how can this be done?

Just burned his ISO

to update the version of the aircrack suite - and include the upgraded version on your live cd, do this:

First update aircrack to latest version - in a terminal window - run the following:

cd /pentest/wireless/
    rm -rf aircrack-ng
    mkdir aircrack-ng
    svn co hxxp://trac.aircrack-ng.org/svn/trunk aircrack-ng (replace xx with tt)
    cd aircrack-ng
    make
    make install

you are now updated.

Next install all the drivers you want to add.

The last thing you need to do is save the changes you have made to the live filesystem.
    Open a terminal window and run the following command:

dir2lzm /mnt/live/memory/changes changes.lzm

Next thing you have to do is add the file changes.lzm to your livecd iso in the /BT/modules

If you need to mount your hdd with rw capabilities and do this in windows, use the following command.

First unmount your hdd with the following command - umount /dev/hdXx (X being your drive letter {a for first drive} and x being partition number, probably 1... i.e. umount /dev/hda1

Next in a terminal, execute: modprobe fuse
    next: ntfsmount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1

There you go, as long as you shut down your windows drive properly, you can now write to the drive

Next, execute: cp changes.lzm /mnt/hda1

Then: umount /dev/hda1

and finally: reboot -f

You can now go into windows, and edit the iso, using anything like magiciso or poweriso, and add the file c:changes.lzm to the /BT/modules/ directory
    The changes.lzm file includes the changes you made to the live filesystem - i.e., new version of aircrack installed and all your driver changes