Thread: openssl determination

Just burned his ISO

Default openssl determination

Hey guys,

I was wondering how would u determine what encryption to use for an openssl enc -d
    I realized that when I did the de-ice cd I got lucky because it was the first encryption that I chose, but how would i determine it if it were another

Crate

Try:

openssl --help
    man openssl
    http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/openssl.html
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Good friend of the forums

well most the time the sshd will tell you "hey I dont do blowfish" etc .. so force someing to it and if it errors out you know its not that crypt ?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by operat0r View Post
    well most the time the sshd will tell you "hey I dont do blowfish" etc .. so force someing to it and if it errors out you know its not that crypt ?
    Was hoping it wasn't that, cause I did the trial and error for second de-ice one. Ah well I hope there's another way, cause it is partially time consuming