Thread: a password generator

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Default a password generator

http://rapidshare.com/files/10540486...eator.zip.html

This is a password generator I had written in VB pro 6.0 a while back. Only for use on windows. Sorry.

The automated word generator doesn't work, This is one of my last vb projects that I had before I decided to move on to learning different programming languages so I didn't finish. The rest works just fine. This is one of the first time's I've released anything to the public, I haven't had it tested on other computers or other operating systems. If anyone notices any bugs I can try and get them fixed, but keep in mind I have very little interest in programming in VB and I have a lot of other projects that are keeping me pretty busy.

While I had mentioned it for Xploitz I always thought it could be a useful program for many people. So I'm not trying to rip on anyone here as I'm sure many of us have some weak passwords we use and know we shouldn't.

The current password tester is well above most standards. (I like to hold a higher standard when it comes to passwords.)

Feedback is certainly welcome.

*UPDATE*

I just realized this version didn't generate the second part of the password. I fixed and uploaded it. Just click the link above for the updated version.

Default pretty cool

Well I download your program few minutes ago and check it out... I think that is very useful, nice work. We should be more aware of the passwords that we choose ... sometimes I think that would be a good idea include a "password generator" in common OS just to remember the important deal of security.

Only one thing... when I try to run the program tells me that couldnt find Mswinsck.ocx and I had to download that file, I dont know if Im the only one with this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyr13 View Post
    Well I download your program few minutes ago and check it out... I think that is very useful, nice work. We should be more aware of the passwords that we choose ... sometimes I think that would be a good idea include a "password generator" in common OS just to remember the important deal of security.

Only one thing... when I try to run the program tells me that couldnt find Mswinsck.ocx and I had to download that file, I dont know if Im the only one with this problem.
    Ahh yes. Thanks you. For a while I thought it just sucked. Plenty of views but no feedback. But I guess sometimes no feedback is good feedback.

Most likely everyone if anyone has used this program has had to download the .ocx file. Its hard for me to tell since when I install VB it automatically installs the base .ocx and .dll files required for VB.

Usually finding them on google is good enough they just have to be in the same directory as the program or in the system32 folder.

I'll probably just remove that part, it doesn't do anything yet. I must've accidentally left the winsock control on my form. No socket connections are made whatsoever.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    Ahh yes. Thanks you. For a while I thought it just sucked. Plenty of views but no feedback. But I guess sometimes no feedback is good feedback.

Most likely everyone if anyone has used this program has had to download the .ocx file. Its hard for me to tell since when I install VB it automatically installs the base .ocx and .dll files required for VB.

Usually finding them on google is good enough they just have to be in the same directory as the program or in the system32 folder.

I'll probably just remove that part, it doesn't do anything yet. I must've accidentally left the winsock control on my form. No socket connections are made whatsoever.

I don't want to offend you but the winsock is not a control wich is in the main list of visual basic (5.0 , 6.0) components, Can i see your source code?

If you don't want problems width libary's enz you should make an installer in visual basic wich handles al of these things.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;

Just burned his ISO

The Security Check sucks. It shows that ½–¡`cÌ#É¡~!®`½ is insecure

Quote Originally Posted by imi-tat0r View Post
    The Security Check sucks. It shows that ½–¡`cÌ#É¡~!®`½ is insecure
    Tells me that password is highly secure. So if that is some sort of exaggeration then yes I hold a higher standard when it comes to password security. I have it calculated for 5 different levels of password security and the one you posted rated the highest.