Thread: dumb question

Just burned his ISO

Default dumb question

Well i have a dumb question hence why I am in the Newbie Area.
    How do I know how many IV's I've captured when I am running my Aireplay-ng? I have like 900,000 packets and it only showed me as having 2000 IV's. I had been running it for well over an hour. Would this have something to do with the fact that when I run Aireplay-ng --fakeauth that I don't get Authentication Successful? I get (Open System) (AK) at the end of the line instead.

Quote Originally Posted by burmz0rz View Post
    Well i have a dumb question hence why I am in the Newbie Area.
    How do I know how many IV's I've captured when I am running my Aireplay-ng? I have like 900,000 packets and it only showed me as having 2000 IV's. I had been running it for well over an hour. Would this have something to do with the fact that when I run Aireplay-ng --fakeauth that I don't get Authentication Successful? I get (Open System) (AK) at the end of the line instead.
    Airodump-ng will tell you IVs under the "#Data" column.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

dude,
    all i can say is read some more tutorials there are some really good ones by
    -=Xploitz=-, pureh@te and dapirates, blip.tv has some good videos by these members,
    futher to this you may find your are to far away from the system you are testing, a weak signal is what it sounds like, finally try not to be put off by all the arrogant bull***t that your going to get from some of the "godlike' senior members who never miss out on a chance to shoot you down, goodluck and stick with it, it gets easier.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by dualboot View Post
    dude,
    all i can say is read some more tutorials there are some really good ones by
    -=Xploitz=-, pureh@te and dapirates, blip.tv has some good videos by these members,
    futher to this you may find your are to far away from the system you are testing, a weak signal is what it sounds like, finally try not to be put off by all the arrogant bull***t that your going to get from some of the "godlike' senior members who never miss out on a chance to shoot you down, goodluck and stick with it, it gets easier.
    Seriously just keep your comments to yourself and let me and the other mods handle the forum members attitudes. You should try to lead by example rather than finding the fault in everyone else.

Just burned his ISO

maybe some of the senior members would do well to read your last statement then,

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by dualboot View Post
    maybe some of the senior members would do well to read your last statement then,
    I'm not going to discuss it in public. If you have a specific problem with a specific member (and can back it up with fact and not feelings) then feel free to PM me. I don't know many times I have to say this is a technical forum to support backtrack and not a forum to discuss how other people hurt our feelings. I trust this will be the end of this issue or i will remove your posting privileges.