Thread: AR5008E-NX and madwifi

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy AR5008E-NX and madwifi

hello everybody,
    I tried to setup the AR5008E-NX Mini-PCI Express card on BT2 but it doesn't work. I know the current version of madwifi required for Atheros cards doesn't support AR5008 but release notes saids "support is available in trunk".

So I tried an howto from thinkwiki.org about experimental driver for ar5008

But it still doesn't work and the "make" command return errors and the message "sorry, unimplemented"

I did something wrong maybe .... ???

Is my Mini-PCI card supported by any driver ? If no, does anybody know when a driver for AR5008E-NX Mini-PCI Express card will be available ??

PS: I'm french so sorry for my english if there is any mistakes above

Quote Originally Posted by geminux View Post
    hello everybody,
    I tried to setup the AR5008E-NX Mini-PCI Express card on BT2 but it doesn't work. I know the current version of madwifi required for Atheros cards doesn't support AR5008 but release notes saids "support is available in trunk".

So I tried an howto from thinkwiki.org about experimental driver for ar5008

But it still doesn't work and the "make" command return errors and the message "sorry, unimplemented"

I did something wrong maybe .... ???

Is my Mini-PCI card supported by any driver ? If no, does anybody know when a driver for AR5008E-NX Mini-PCI Express card will be available ??

PS: I'm french so sorry for my english if there is any mistakes above
    Depends on the errors. What other errors are you getting?

Maybe you don't have the necessary packages installed to run the make command successfully.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]