Thread: Airsnarf not working with ipw3945 / ipwraw / iwl3945

Just burned his ISO

Default Airsnarf not working with ipw3945 / ipwraw / iwl3945

After going through the extensive configurations for each specific attempt, I get these print-outs on run:

interface = wlan0 (iwl3945)
    Code:
    Creating dhcpd.conf... Done.
    Building the captive portal...Done.
    Setting the wireless parameters...wlanconfig: ioctl: Operation not supported
    wlanconfig: ioctl: No such device
    Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
       SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument 
    Done.
    interface = wifi0 (ipwraw)
    Code:
    Creating dhcpd.conf... Done.
    Building the captive portal...Done.
    Setting the wireless parameters...wlanconfig: ioctl: Operation not supported
    wlanconfig: ioctl: Operation not supported
    Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
       SET failed on device wifi0 ; Operation not supported
    Done.
    I am guessing that errors occur for wlan0 since it cannot normally connect to local AP's with or without encryption. I have only been able to connect once to a WEP by accident. Trying to "wlanconfig wlan0 create wlandev wlan0 wlanmode sta" or other parameters would give error: "wlanconfig: ioctl: Operation not supported".

Any realistic solutions?

I believe if one is using ipwraw drivers, it would be appearing as rtap not wifi.

There is a thread about how to get ipw3945 cards to work with monitor mode and possibly inject.

With ipwraw drivers my ipw3945 shows as wifi0 and injection works fine.

Also I am able to connect to my Ad-Hoc network with wep encryption using the iwl3945 driver which shows as wlan0.

I don't know about connecting to a Managed AP with WPA encryption because I don't have a router. Therefore I haven't tried it as yet but I suspect there shouldn't be a problem there.

I have to agree with hatake_kakashi to find threads relating to ipw3945 and see if it answers some of your questions.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    With ipwraw drivers my ipw3945 shows as wifi0 and injection works fine.

Also I am able to connect to my Ad-Hoc network with wep encryption using the iwl3945 driver which shows as wlan0.

I don't know about connecting to a Managed AP with WPA encryption because I don't have a router. Therefore I haven't tried it as yet but I suspect there shouldn't be a problem there.

I have to agree with hatake_kakashi to find threads relating to ipw3945 and see if it answers some of your questions.
    I have only been able to connect to open and wep encrypted networks with the new iwl3945 drivers. I can't connect to any network that are WPA encyrpted with the iwl3945 drivers. Now, if I go bact to BT2 and use the ipw3945 drivers, I have no problems at all connecting to my WPA encyrpted network.

I'm sure you will find that there are two sets of drivers that can be enabled from the the menu.
    One enables packet injection and the other for connecting to a network.

Check the wiki as there is a menu fix required to use them.

Just burned his ISO

in any case. has anyone got airsnarf working with the ipw3946 drivers? we can talk about connecting to networks later...

Just burned his ISO

can use airbase-ng for master mode with 3945 (ipwraw)

Just burned his ISO

airbase-ng. was it demo'd at LayerOne last 2007? I thought I saw a video presentation of it on youtube.