Thread: Monitor mode?

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Monitor mode?

Do i need to put my card in montior mode to run this guide or why do i not get it to work.. ?
    Guide: forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=2858&page=4

Since the whole point is to use captured data, you actually have to capture data so yes, monitor mode is needed.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

But, if I have got this right. I need to login to the network before doing this? and that can´t i do in monitor mode, right.?

Quote Originally Posted by Kricka View Post
    But, if I have got this right. I need to login to the network before doing this? and that can´t i do in monitor mode, right.?
    No, you're not going to be connecting to the network. It's capturing data flying over the air.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

You need to read on packet sniffing prior to attempting any of this. Understanding the basics of what you are attempting in necessary if you hope to accomplish anything significant......

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill