Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Career advancing

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Wouldn't that be true for almost every company? Who wants to pay 15 people to do work that 10 could possibly do?

Being skilled in many different things also keeps some of the monotany out of your job which can be a good thing also. I used to do repetetive factory work day in and day out. My body had no problem with it but my mind was screaming at me to challenge myself, if that makes any sense.

Hey, I know a place that will be hiring a computer tech in May. The position will require pretty good knowledge of Mac OSX, along with Apple hardware. You'll also need to know quite a bit about Windows Xp. Linux knowledge might be helpful as well. The position requires you have your own vehicle, and being able to drive up to 40 miles one way to support users. It's in a shop with 8 other computer technicians that support around 9,000 computers, in 23 different schools.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Hey, I know a place that will be hiring a computer tech in May. The position will require pretty good knowledge of Mac OSX, along with Apple hardware. You'll also need to know quite a bit about Windows Xp. Linux knowledge might be helpful as well. The position requires you have your own vehicle, and being able to drive up to 40 miles one way to support users. It's in a shop with 8 other computer technicians that support around 9,000 computers, in 23 different schools.
    Tell him the rest, don't hold back, and let me guess, you even know a house he could move into with a really cool deck.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I'm trying not to scare him off!! Got rid of the house though. Well in the process anyway.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm trying not to scare him off!! Got rid of the house though. Well in the process anyway.
    lol, That's probably more scary than anything bad you might have to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    lol, That's probably more scary than anything bad you might have to say about it.
    The weather can be a bit,,, interesting.

See the lows right there at the beginning of Feb? That's when my dumb ass decided to drive out. It got so cold my pcv froze up, even though it has it's own heater. The acoustical matting in the spare tire well shattered. We saw -55F.

Yea I'm not too fond of living in an igloo with a deck attached. Although I'm sure its a nice deck.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    Yea I'm not too fond of living in an igloo with a deck attached. Although I'm sure its a nice deck.
    But, you don't have to worry about hurricanes, or tornados, or even thundstorms, and it's very easy to sleep in when it's winter time, since it's perpetually dark.

...but the mosquitos are as big as pigeons.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123