Thread: Ip Hijacking

Just burned his ISO

Default Ip Hijacking

Hi,

On my network there is a web server, accessed by many people using the network (normally by IP). I want people to be directed to my machine instead of the server when they direct their browser to the server IP (so I don't think I really want a MiTM attack as I actually want the http requests to come to my machine).

How well will setting my IP in BT to the server's IP work? Or is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

If you you set your IP as the server's IP wouldn't the network get confused and start fighting each other? Sounds like a bad idea. Sounds like you should buy some books. Also sounds like you're at work.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Developer

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

LMAO!! Too funny.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by BMNot View Post
    Hi,

On my network there is a web server, accessed by many people using the network (normally by IP). I want people to be directed to my machine instead of the server when they direct their browser to the server IP (so I don't think I really want a MiTM attack as I actually want the http requests to come to my machine).

How well will setting my IP in BT to the server's IP work? Or is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance!
    Assuming your the admin of the server in question you could simply setup a redirect to another machine. If you aren't the admin of the server in question that what you're doing is likely:
    1) Illegal.
    2) Against corporate policy.
    3) Immoral.
    etc
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.