Thread: nVidia Geforce 8800GT

Default nVidia Geforce 8800GT

Hey guys. I have searched the forum for the 8800gt and found:

Quote Originally Posted by sYnced
    Hello all

I chose KDE GUI and I get black screen with my cursor in my screen and it jumps around constantly every 20-30 seconds

It works if I choose other options after booting up.

Q6600
    8800GT
    GA-P35-DS3L
    Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te
    Did you try xconf like I told you on IRC?
    Ive tried xconf, xorgconfig, booting with nvidia drivers, deleting xconf with boot (which actually got me the furthest, other than the nvidia drivers). If I boot straight with xconf, it gives me a half black screen, half green/white screen and I dont get the bt logon screen at all. Running xorgconfig doesnt help at all. I can get the bt logon screen when I boot with the nvidia drivers, but I get some error when I try to startx. If I delete xconf from booting, I get the logon screen, but then it does the half black, half green/white screen.

To me, it seems like I have to have the nvidia drivers to boot, but it errors out. I will take some pictures later today of each result.

Search for my post on the same subject, follow my steps, and if you get any errors, post the output of dmesg and glxinfo as well as your xorg.conf

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill