Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 44 of 44

Thread: Laptop Theft

  1. #41
    Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Did they purposely make that look like the screens on star trek?

    Looks interesting though something I'll check out.

  2. #42
    Senior Member streaker69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    Did they purposely make that look like the screens on star trek?

    Looks interesting though something I'll check out.
    Nope, 'they' didn't do that. That's my own design. It's the UPS screen for our HMI using the SCADA software we use at the plant.

    I also have one that monitors the Ethernet Ring.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

  3. #43
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Nope, 'they' didn't do that. That's my own design. It's the UPS screen for our HMI using the SCADA software we use at the plant.

    I also have one that monitors the Ethernet Ring.
    I was going to ask in the other thread how this was coming along, but since it popped up here, how's this coming along?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  4. #44
    Senior Member streaker69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I was going to ask in the other thread how this was coming along, but since it popped up here, how's this coming along?
    Haven't had time to work on it, since converting to LCARS isn't an officially sanctioned project, I can only work on it when I have nothing else to do. It's been rather busy lately. The SPAM filter decided to go medieval the other day and killed just about everything that came in, so it hasn't been a fun few days.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •