Thread: back|track 4 final release wont install - FREEZES at 76% of installation

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Exclamation back|track 4 final release wont install - FREEZES at 76% of installation

Hi everyone!

I have kind of problem with back|track 4 final release...i downloaded ISO image from download section, burned it down on DVD, twice (two DVD s) to make sure that installation can go smooth...I burned DVDs at 2x of burning speed...put DVD on and begin installation...booted fine, formating partitions fine...and installation begins...BUT...

every time it freezes at 76% of installation...DVD is spining, but mouse and everything else freezes...I dont know what to do...

I love back|track and I used pre final version, and everything worked fine...and now i had to reinstal pre final version again and installation went perfect...

I would like to have this final release but...problem is described...

I also checked MD5 of an ISO image and its the same as on the download section...

If anyone can help me to solve this problem, I'll be thankful!

trellis

Default Re: back|track 4 final release wont install - FREEZES at 76% of installation

Have you tried waiting some more?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: back|track 4 final release wont install - FREEZES at 76% of installation

this also happens to me but the case is it freesses at sometime 10% or 20% i never more than this . can any one help??????

Just burned his ISO

Cool Re: back|track 4 final release wont install - FREEZES at 76% of installation

As Crontab stays in this post

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ion-error.html

Quote Originally Posted by crontab View Post
    I’ve just burned my iso and it will not boot ?
    The 3 most common problems are the md5sum is wrong, the program you used to burn the .iso file or cheap media. Please check these three things before asking for help.
    These mathers can also "screw" up an installation proces.
    I had cheap media aswell when I tried to install BT3, when I learned of this distro.

Just burned their ISO

I wrote in previous post that my MD5 is correct, I burned ISO image on 3 different DVDs...and also with 2 different software...and with different speeds - min 2x two times and max 8x last DVD...

and still freezes...I have tried waitingfor 45 minutes and nothing...back|track pre final works perfect...

Just burned their ISO

hey pals...I solved my problem...here is solution:

I downloaded little software called uNetBootin, and I made bootable USB flash drive with ISO image of my back|track final, restarted, and installation was successful...

thanks all for support and little of help