Thread: "malicious" RFID spying illegal, expect for corporations....

Default "malicious" RFID spying illegal, expect for corporations....

a new law in the state of Washington which prohibits "malicious" RFID spying. When the new law (said to be a first of its kind in the US) goes into effect in July, anyone caught scanning a person remotely "without his or her knowledge and consent, for the purpose of fraud, identity theft, or some other illegal purpose" will be charged with a Class C felony. Great, so that covers the obvious criminal abuse of the technology. However, the original bill also included an opt-in measure that would require your approval before retailers and others could track your activity via that handy, store-issued discount card you carry, the implant you received during that stint in the joint, new credit card, or personal ID card you're required to carry. Unfortunately, the opt-in requirement was stricken from the bill (and therefore not in the final law) after succumbing to heavy corporate lobbying.
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/03/prweb803114.htm

Absolutely unbelievable. Take a look at that load of crap they call "consumer protection":

caught scanning a person remotely without his or her knowledge and consent, for the purpose of fraud, identity theft, or some other illegal purpose
    ?!?!?!?! What exactly is criminal, as far as passive scanning goes, then? So I can find out everything about you; your name, SSN, DOB, where you baught those rediculous shoes, how many times you've high-fived someone with those fancy leather gloves, all from the "privacy" of my scanner-mobile, yet until I plot to do something dastardly with that information, it's all good?

Expect very bad things to come of this........

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill