Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aircrack WPA dictionary attack performance!

Default Aircrack WPA dictionary attack performance!

Can anyone shed any light on performance around cracking a WPA key using aircrack?

I have set up my spare BThomehub using a WPA (AES) key - I then ran airodump and caught the 4 way handshake.

Now, the interesting part! - I have two laptops, one is a 3 year old Toshiba with a celeron processor and the other is a 1 year old HP with a P4 processor. The celeron performs the dictionary attack at around 150 keys per second but the P4 only does about 106 per second??

Before I started I thought "ok, I should now build myself a processor intensive PC to do all my brute forcing" but now I'm not so sure?. I have pretty good word lists.

Is there a quicker way to run the attack?

Thanks

wHIZz

Developer

Yes. By creating a airolib data base. There is a few videos and tutorials on how to do it in the tut section.

Thanks Pureh@te - I was afraid it might be simple

I honestly did look into it, but was googling for terms like "aircrack wpa performance" etc - on the wrong track.

Thanks

wHIZz

Just burned his ISO

probably not the right answer, but could the performance difference relate to the processor the kernel is configured for? it is compiled for 486(?), and not the newer chipsets so maybe this could explain the diff in speeds?

Yeah possibly, not good enough with linux yet to work that out though.

Just continuing on this thread, I'm still running the aircrack against the WPA key and have been for 4 days now - currently checked 30.3 million keys!

Lucky for me that Pureh@te has told me how to do it properly in future!

Quote Originally Posted by wHIZz View Post
    ......I'm still running the aircrack against the WPA key and have been for 4 days now - currently checked 30.3 million keys! ......
    That almost doesn't matter, depending on how many IVs you've captured. And how many might that be?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    That almost doesn't matter, depending on how many IVs you've captured. And how many might that be?
    You don't need IVs to crack WPA, only the EAPOL handshake.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    You don't need IVs to crack WPA, only the EAPOL handshake.
    *SLAP* There I go speed reading again. My apologies, I was under the impression that this was an attempt on WEP. Flame on

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by wHIZz View Post
    Yeah possibly, not good enough with linux yet to work that out though.

Just continuing on this thread, I'm still running the aircrack against the WPA key and have been for 4 days now - currently checked 30.3 million keys!

Lucky for me that Pureh@te has told me how to do it properly in future!
    if pureh@tes told you how to do it proper, how are you still getting 30+Million ivs??

Can you post your commands here so we can see? as per the prez98, you dont need ivs at all - all you need is the 4way handshake!

Quote Originally Posted by samsung View Post
    if pureh@tes told you how to do it proper, how are you still getting 30+Million ivs??

Can you post your commands here so we can see? as per the prez98, you dont need ivs at all - all you need is the 4way handshake!
    No no no, that was my fault Sammy. I said IVs, he said keys. Fell free to smack me, I was speed reading again

~ShadowKill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast