Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum!

Default New to the forum!

Hello all! I am new to the forum here and just wanted to take a minute to say hello to you all and to thank you for your excellent work on this project! It has been a very useful aid to me for some of the things I am learning.

A little about myself... I have worked in the IT field for 9 years now, specifically networking, Cisco equipment, Marconi, Juniper, etc. I was a bandwagon linux user, my interest in Linux started when Red Hat Linux 9 was released, which continued on to RHEL 2.1, 3, 4, SuSE 10, briefly Mandrake and Ubuntu. I have tried various flavors of Linux in trying to learn as much as I could, to include security distros such as Knoppix-STD, Local Area Security and even Auditor before Backtrack came along.

On a personal standpoint, I was born and raised in West Virginia, did 8 years total of military service and now do contracting work. I recently moved out to Nebraska for a job and it has made me very happy! The biggest reason for this happiness is that I met the love of my life here and come August we will be married! As far as hobbies...I like to fish, play with my puppy Bella (she's a Labrador Retriever and is 8 months old.) I do some gaming, not very much though. I play guitar, I have a Jackson 7-String run through a Boss GT-8. I recently made the move to a MacBook Pro and I must say that it is a very nice platform.

I hope to enjoy my time here and to learn as much as I can from you all and to be helpful if I can.

Your name is very similar to the founder of the knoppix-std live distro. For a moment I thought you might be the same, but you're not are you?

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    Your name is very similar to the founder of the knoppix-std live distro. For a moment I thought you might be the same, but you're not are you?
    No, just someone that apparently came up with the same name. Sorry.

Well, welcome to the forum. You have a good deal of experience so I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Thank you for the welcome! I hope that I will be able to be helpful.

welcome & by reading your introduction, you sound like you have a good bit of experience, but I welcome anyone from n00b - Expert cos I'm still very much a n00b

I'm right there with you samsung, not a day goes by that I don't learn something new!

Welcome to the forum. Like you I play the guitar, a jumbo Washburn acoustic, and have a dog named Bella, but she's an adult mixed breed

I'm also a noob, but even more so than samsung

Anyway, enjoy your stay here and have fun. Glad you'd like to help as well as learn.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

lol.Really wolf.Didnt know that

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim52 View Post
    lol.Really wolf.Didnt know that
    lol, now you know. What's up dude?
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast