Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Kernel Development Tools

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Kernel Development Tools

    I'm trying to install Madwifi for my new WLAN card, a Netgear WAG511.

    After downloading and installing the kernel source code, I tried to run the 'make' command. This gave me the next error:

    Code:
    Makefile.inc:91: *** KERNELCONF: /lib/modules/2.6.22.5-31-default/build/.config does not exist..  Stop.
    I figured I would need the Kernel Development Tools, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.
    How do I solve the error or where can I download these Tools?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renevanh View Post
    I'm trying to install Madwifi for my new WLAN card, a Netgear WAG511.

    After downloading and installing the kernel source code, I tried to run the 'make' command. This gave me the next error:

    Code:
    Makefile.inc:91: *** KERNELCONF: /lib/modules/2.6.22.5-31-default/build/.config does not exist..  Stop.
    I figured I would need the Kernel Development Tools, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.
    How do I solve the error or where can I download these Tools?
    I'm not sure but you can try these threads to see if they help you.

    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7323
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7664
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=6992

    Good Luck
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Thanks for the links, I figured it out...

    Just download kernel.lzm and use lzm2dir kernel.lzm /

    Madwifi is working fine now (an I cracked a friends WEP network already )

  4. #4
    Senior Member ShadowKill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renevanh View Post
    Thanks for the links, I figured it out...

    Just download kernel.lzm and use lzm2dir kernel.lzm /

    Madwifi is working fine now (an I cracked a friends WEP network already )
    This thread was pretty valid and helpful until that post. This can very easily be seen as illegal and as per the TAG for using this forum, there will be no discussing of such activities. Be careful how you word your posts; this is a quick way to be sent to the corner. Just my 0.02p....

    Happy hacking!



    "The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

    ~ShadowKill

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renevanh View Post
    Thanks for the links, I figured it out...

    Just download kernel.lzm and use lzm2dir kernel.lzm /

    Madwifi is working fine now (an I cracked a friends WEP network already )
    Thanks for posting the solution but as ShadowKill said, "Be careful" what you say as it could result in a speedy ban.

    I assume you had permission from your "friend". If so you could have just said that to avoid any unnecessary misunderstandings.

    Good Luck
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

  6. #6
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    Thanks for posting the solution but as ShadowKill said, "Be careful" what you say as it could result in a speedy ban.

    I assume you had permission from your "friend". If so you could have just said that to avoid any unnecessary misunderstandings.
    Yes, I had permission (we where actually doing it together).
    Took some time though, aireplay wasn't cooperating :P

    Btw: kind of weird you develop a product which is optimissed for e.g. wep cracking and than forbid talking about it...

  7. #7
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,126

    Default

    We are not forbidding talking about cracking wep we are forbidding talking about using the tool in a illegal fashion. In case you don't know many law enforcement agencies monitor these security forums especially one as powerful as backtrack. We are a community of security professionals and students and such who do not use our skills to break the law.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •