Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: samsungs WEP & Wpa Video Tutorials

Post samsungs WEP & Wpa Video Tutorials

Hi all,

I've decided to give something back to this forum I've done my share of asking for help & I know it can be exteremly hard to find something searching through the numerous threads for something that your looking for so this is just a fresh video for anyone who is interested

My Thanks & Gratitude goes to -=Xploitz=- for his educating videos & Balding_Parrot for his module for assisting with database creating using airolib-ng, so now without further ado, below is my videos I've done over this weekend, I hope they are clear enough for you to understand & hope you enjoy

In This video, I demonstrate how to crack a wep key even though the ESSID is hidden
    CRACKING WEP WITH HIDDEN ESSID

In This video I use airolib-ng database to crack an alphanumeric passphrase, also demonstrate using wpa_supplicant
    CRACKING WPA WITH AIROLIB-NG DATABASE

*** IF ABOVE LINK FOR AIROLB-NG DOESNT WORK USE THIS ****

Sweet right on topic! Checking it out now. Thank you.

In your tutorial when you use the command
    Code:
    chmod 755 /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    and in the Xploits tutorial he tells us to use
    Code:
    chmod 777 /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    command.
    Neither of them take me to the screen in your tutorial. To make changes to the wpa_supplicant.conf I have to manually go to the folder, edit, and save from there. Though my changes are affecting things so it is recognizing them.

I'm using BT3 . Should I be using a different chmod command? Would it even matter since the changes are taking affect anyway? LoL sorry to bombard with questions, I will google now.

Thanks for posting this!

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

It would probably be in your best interest to look up what chmod is.

While I enjoy having great videos to follow along with on how to do some things. It's also a great thing to do after you understand the concept of what that video is showing you to go back and try to understand the commands used if your not familiar with them.

Thanks for the vid samsung!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 0tt0v0nc4t View Post
    In your tutorial when you use the command
    Code:
    chmod 755 /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    and in the Xploits tutorial he tells us to use
    Code:
    chmod 777 /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    command.
    Neither of them take me to the screen in your tutorial. To make changes to the wpa_supplicant.conf I have to manually go to the folder, edit, and save from there. Though my changes are affecting things so it is recognizing them.

I'm using BT3 . Should I be using a different chmod command? Would it even matter since the changes are taking affect anyway? LoL sorry to bombard with questions, I will google now.

Thanks for posting this!
    Your wpa_supplicant.conf is in your etc folder so you need to change directory to that as per my video & use nano to edit your wpa_supplicant.conf or just browse to it & delete it & create a new one

Important to remember there are various different ways of using wpa_supplicant as you say chmod 755 chmod 777 from AES, TKIP, to TKIP+AES & WPA+WPA2 etc....

so make sure you have set the correct settings on your router 1st for the correct WPA you wish to use

Developer

The chmod command is simply to set file permisions after a new file is created.

Like hhmatt81 said, when following a video tutorial it is always a good idea to look up each command so you can understand what is happning. I will give you a free-be here.

Thank you pure that will definitely be helpful. I made that post right after watching the vid as I have been trying to connect to my ap all day and got a little excited. :P Afterward I promtly took my questions to google and have them almost all figured out now. I missed that nano command until my second time watching the vid. I am having unrelated errors due to my wireless adapter and thought that Chmod difference was gonna be the answer to all my woes.

Thank you again though for both the tutorial and and the link!

Samsung! nice videos! so much nicer with music and call outs, isn't it? awesome. like pureh@te once said "blip tv will pjear us one day!"

Quote Originally Posted by trevelyn View Post
    Samsung! nice videos! so much nicer with music and call outs, isn't it? awesome. like pureh@te once said "blip tv will pjear us one day!"
    Thanks for the compliments trevelyn I was well pleased with myself on watching back on my handy work, I just done a vnc session & downloaded camtasia like you said

Thumbs up 2 thumbs up! WAY UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by samsung View Post
    Hi all,

I've decided to give something back to this forum I've done my share of asking for help & I know it can be exteremly hard to find something searching through the numerous threads for something that your looking for so this is just a fresh video for anyone who is interested

My Thanks & Gratitude goes to -=Xploitz=- for his educating videos & Balding_Parrot for his module for assisting with database creating using airolib-ng, so now without further ado, below is my videos I've done over this weekend, I hope they are clear enough for you to understand & hope you enjoy

In This video, I demonstrate how to crack a wep key even though the ESSID is hidden
    CRACKING WEP WITH HIDDEN ESSID

In This video I use airolib-ng database to crack an alphanumeric passphrase, also demonstrate using wpa_supplicant
    CRACKING WPA WITH AIROLIB-NG DATABASE

*** IF ABOVE LINK FOR AIROLB-NG DOESNT WORK USE THIS ****

Ahh!!

It always brings a smile to my face to see one of "my students" publish such professional and quality work!

I have watched both videos with robust scrutinization, and I must say to you samsung,...... that I'm quite impressed with your work! EXCELLENT quality, minimal jargon, and Sooooooo super easy to follow that even a caveman could do it. I only have a couple of questions to ask you and / or the people who see this thread...

I know that things happen "behind the scenes" of videos that we don't always seem to catch on at first..but in your first video..I must admit I was slightly confused. It was to my understanding that if there is a hidden or "cloaked" ESSID your dealing with....that no matter how long you wait or how many packets you capture...airodump WILL NOT reveal the ESSID unless some client connects to the hidden AP? ( A handshake if you will) Is this not correct anymore? (Keep in mind I've been away for a month or a little more) Is it now possible for aircrack-ng suite (more precisely airodump-ng) to extract the essid without having a client connect to it?? Or did you have a client (your centrino card) connect after 36 second mark on your video?? I couldn't tell. And it looked like you had a client already connected...so I'm assuming this was all done without having to connect to your AP AFTER you started airodump??? Interesting indeed!

And as far as your airolib databases video....

Its almost like its starting where my video left off. You even went as far as to show people how to connect to the AP after you BF the key!

The only constructive criticism I will tell you is that it should be known to all who watch this video, that you are using a WPA supplicant that is tailor made to WPA with TKIP only, and possibly not the same encryption type that other members may be using...example WPA2 AES, WPA2 TKIP, WPA AES, WPA TKIP+AES..etc. And for those wpa supplicants on these different types of encryption see my tutorials here in the tutorial section, and use the keyword wpa supplicant when using the forums elusive "search button".

Other than that...it was quite simply flawless!!

EXCELLENT VIDEOS SAMSUNG! I may end up replacing my signature with the links to YOUR videos!

I look forward to seeing any other videos you create. 2 Thumbs up. WAY UP!
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast