Thread: Kisment Not Launching

Just burned his ISO

Default Kisment Not Launching

Well Im Having a Problem Every Time I try To Open Up Kisment It asks Me What adapter To use So i Select Wifi0 So it Will Start My atheros Card In Monitor Mode I noticed It Makes A second Adapter Called Ath1 So i used The Airmon-ng stop Cammand To Stop Both Ath1 And Ath0 So i tried firing up kismet selected wifi0 a command window opened and close and nothing else

Good friend of the forums

paste the output of airmon-ng maybe you need to update drivers and we can verify settings

Quote Originally Posted by LogitechGamer View Post
    Well Im Having a Problem Every Time I try To Open Up Kisment It asks Me What adapter To use So i Select Wifi0 So it Will Start My atheros Card In Monitor Mode I noticed It Makes A second Adapter Called Ath1 So i used The Airmon-ng stop Cammand To Stop Both Ath1 And Ath0 So i tried firing up kismet selected wifi0 a command window opened and close and nothing else
    How did you configure kismet with the auto-config or manually because I had problems with the auto-config try editing /usr/local/etc/kismet.conf manually

Quote Originally Posted by LogitechGamer View Post
    Using the madwifi drivers you can't use the wifiX devices. You have to use the vap (athX).
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69