Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downgrade to Kernel 2.4 possible?

Just burned his ISO

Default Downgrade to Kernel 2.4 possible?

Hi
    Iīve a DWL 122 USB dongle and its driver (injection) works only with 2.4 kernels.

So I want my BT3īs kernel to 2.4!

Can you tell me if itīs working? With slapt-get? Can you tell me where to download the kernel?

Or the whole command? Please help me Iīm trying for 5 days noe!!!

I'm sure it can be done. You're probably going to have to recompile most of the applications though.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

is it hard work? is it difficult? sure that i have to compile the aircrack suite? can i use this one from ftp.kernel.org: linux-2.4.36.2.tar.gz ??

please help me!

It's really not worth it. If you want the 2.4 kernel, use BT2. Pretty sure that's the kernel it's using.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

BT2 is using the 2.6.20 kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    BT2 is using the 2.6.20 kernel.
    Yea, looks like you're screwed then. You can try using another kernel, but like I said, you're going to have to recompile pretty much the entire distro. Really not worth it. I don't see why your wifi card doesn't work now with the new kernel, they usually don't take stuff out.

Just burned his ISO

Are u 100% sure?? I installed today even Backtrack v1.0 and it says 2.6.x.x when i typed "uname -r"

I googled:
    Kernel 2.6.20 <> Backtrack 2
    Kernel 2.6.15.6 <> Backtrack 1

EDIT: Oh posted the same time

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't see why your wifi card doesn't work now with the new kernel, they usually don't take stuff out.
    Because injeciton only works with 2.4 kernels...

Iīve the dwl 122 d-link... quote backtrack wiki: "Notice : There are drivers for injection however they only work on 2.4 kernels. Can be found here [9]"

what should i dooo???

Quote Originally Posted by Rufioo View Post
    Because injeciton only works with 2.4 kernels...

Iīve the dwl 122 d-link... quote backtrack wiki: "Notice : There are drivers for injection however they only work on 2.4 kernels. Can be found here [9]"

what should i dooo???
    I suggest you get a new wireless card because like Berry says it would be a nightmare trying to recompile every thing and probable a wast of time.

Just burned his ISO

I also have the D-Link DWL-122, now I'm using KisMac to authenticate and inject packets, but it's not so stable.

Is it maybe an option to install an Ubuntu version with kernel 2.4.xx? And then install the right driver + patch for Prism 2?

Or is there someone who still has an very old Backtrack with 2.4 kernel? That would be great..

Thanks already

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast