Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backtrack3 connectin problem

Hey guys, just thought I'd mention my input. I had been in communication with Razak sorting out this problem before there was a thread created, so I will post what we are doing for the benefit of the community. After much deliberation, I established that Razak was infact using Dial-up instead of ethernet connections, which is why the trouble was there in the beginning. I have never attempted dial-up in BackTrack, but am just about to look into it now. If there are any others who have already done it, I would appreciate if you post some instructions, as I won't be able to test it without actually having a dial-up account (which I don't have). However, if no one else has, I will endeavor to explore this and come up with an answer, which I shall post here.

-Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix910 View Post
    Hey guys, just thought I'd mention my input. I had been in communication with Razak sorting out this problem before there was a thread created, so I will post what we are doing for the benefit of the community. After much deliberation, I established that Razak was infact using Dial-up instead of ethernet connections, which is why the trouble was there in the beginning. I have never attempted dial-up in BackTrack, but am just about to look into it now. If there are any others who have already done it, I would appreciate if you post some instructions, as I won't be able to test it without actually having a dial-up account (which I don't have). However, if no one else has, I will endeavor to explore this and come up with an answer, which I shall post here.

-Stephen
    Use wvdial, it's easy
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks man, will keep it in mind.

-Stephen

Just burned his ISO

Default connection type

i have a router call HomeAcces, if any one think is the router problem, i am going to change it to D-Link.
    and i have a broadband connection:adsl connection
    i am tring to connect to the internet, i go in to the console, and type ifconfig eth0 up, it said KDE connection established. But why can't i go on to ff, when i go on their, it said server not connected. I just need some help. pls some one, and i have some linux experience now, i am using Ubuntu now.
    pls some body some how answer or help me, plsssss.

Just burned his ISO

Default mistake

i am sorry, my connection is not broad band, infact it is vpn or dial up, and i have read some post and i have a question what is wvdial, i have google it but still don't really get what should ido. My connection name is call adsl, PPoE connection, VPN or Dial up, so if any one can me through pls post or pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Razak View Post
    i am sorry, my connection is not broad band, infact it is vpn or dial up, and i have read some post and i have a question what is wvdial, i have google it but still don't really get what should ido. My connection name is call adsl, PPoE connection, VPN or Dial up, so if any one can me through pls post or pm me.
    Start here and then get back to us if you are successful or if you get stuck.
    http://www.kubuntu.org/doc/7.10/netw...ct-modems.html

The commands will be slightly different, ie. you can leave out the command "sudo".
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Default BIg thanks

thanks for all the help and suggestions, i have changed my router to d-link broad band and it worked, i used d-link the router and the broad band connection had successfully worked, and now i wrote this post in a linux distro call backtrack3, and thanks for every body, especially phoenix.
    -Razak

No worries. To the rest of you - it may not seem like I've done much on here, but just to clear up any confusion, I helped Razak over MSN before all this, which I believe is why he is thanking me. But yeah, at least it was a router problem, and nothing more sinister.

-Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix910 View Post
    No worries. To the rest of you - it may not seem like I've done much on here, but just to clear up any confusion, I helped Razak over MSN before all this, which I believe is why he is thanking me. But yeah, at least it was a router problem, and nothing more sinister.

-Stephen
    Good that you helped him. Better to help in the thread though because others might find the solution helpful in the future.
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12