Thread: Updating the Live CD

Just burned his ISO

Default Updating the Live CD

First post on the forums. Like many I suppose.

I've been following -=Xploitz=-'s tutorials on wireless auditing and the like, with the live CD of Back|Track that I think is the beta version of 2.0. When I boot it, it says "BETA Version" followed by "2.0" and asks me to enter "root" and "toor" as the user/pass.

But anyway, I was wondering. Is there any way to update the live CD with the latest versions of airodump-ng, aireplay etc? Or would it be worth me to just download BT 2 Final?

Just burned his ISO

Personally, i think it would be less hassle to just download the 3.0 beta. There are ways to remaster live cds to have custom versions of software, but i think its unnessessary when you have the maintainers doing it for you.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

if you are ready to wait a little and is not lazy im preparing the reliz of an usb installer with iso edition capabilities under windows (even vista)
    for bt3 only
    will even download for you the reliz
    and check it's md5
    allowing you to edit the module folder and the syslinux config before burn to usb
    eventually you will be able to make a new iso file from your modified iso or rar distro ...

see the thread in programming corner

reliz in maybe max a week
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    if you are ready to wait a little and is not lazy im preparing the reliz of an usb installer with iso edition capabilities under windows (even vista)
    for bt3 only
    will even download for you the reliz
    and check it's md5
    allowing you to edit the module folder and the syslinux config before burn to usb
    eventually you will be able to make a new iso file from your modified iso or rar distro ...

see the thread in programming corner

reliz in maybe max a week
    Thanks for both you're comments.

Having downloaded Back|Track 3 BETA, I can say that its not working correctly on my Acer laptop, sadly. However, having downloaded BT2.0 Final, all works fine and the airodump-ng version is the one I would have used anyway.

Cheers!

Hmm..I was thinking about this too just a few days ago. I have a few programs (plus Java) I want to slipstream into my BackTrack 2 Final CD but cant figure out how to find the .iso, update it then burn it. Has anyone ever made a tut or something that shows how to update your CD?

I don't remember the exact details, but you'd edit the information while the CD is loaded or extracted then reburn it onto another CD. There are tutorials floating around, so to answer your question yes. Search for something like "Custom BT CD"

Here's a start to get an idea, although it uses BT3... But the concept should be the same...

Read this
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/DarkRagnarok/Sig.jpg[/img]

Ehh...I kinda want to slipstream it without having to install it to my hard drive, or a VMs hard drive (I have like no RAM and the collage is kinda picky when it comes to stuff like that too).

I just want to be able to boot BT2 Final, Copy and drag and install all my folders around to how it want my new .iso to reflect the changes, then create/update the new .ISO...

EDIT:
    Hmmm. I might have just figured it out using the wiki...

Quote Originally Posted by >Dart> View Post
    I just want to be able to boot BT2 Final, Copy and drag and install all my folders around to how it want my new .iso to reflect the changes, then create/update the new .ISO...
    The problem with that is BT2 is 700M adding things to it will make it larger and it will no longer fit on a cd.

I dont think 400kb would hurt anything?

Good friend of the forums

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7844

use this ... recreating an ISO is just a waste of time ... besides using this method you can BACKUP changes before you bork it ( for example if you try to update something then it breaks something else that WAS working ) I backup my changes folder before I do anything I think MAY bork it and just copy it back OR just empty the changes folder

'append changes=' FTW

NOTE: I had issues with NTFS so I would use EXT3 as the changes part ..

if you need VMware image ( prob no less you have USB wifi card etc .. ) then just do a HDD install of BT3 and do snapshots as you see fit ..