Thread: Mysql problem

Default Mysql problem

Hi everyone. So i got the problem with setting mysql server on bt3. Here is the konsole error output:

Code:
    bt ~ # mysql
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

bt local # /usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe &
    [2] 3815
    bt local # 080319 17:10:29 mysqld_safe Logging to '/usr/local/var/bt.err'.
    080319 17:10:29 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/var
    080319 17:10:29 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /usr/local/var/bt.pid ended

bt ~ # /usr/local/bin/mysql_secure_installation

NOTE: RUNNING ALL PARTS OF THIS SCRIPT IS RECOMMENDED FOR ALL MySQL
          SERVERS IN PRODUCTION USE!  PLEASE READ EACH STEP CAREFULLY!

In order to log into MySQL to secure it, we'll need the current
    password for the root user.  If you've just installed MySQL, and
    you haven't set the root password yet, the password will be blank,
    so you should just press enter here.

Enter current password for root (enter for none):
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
    Enter current password for root (enter for none):

bt mysql-test # perl mysql-test-run.pl
    Logging: mysql-test-run.pl
    080319 17:11:04 [ERROR] Fatal error: Please read "Security" section of the manual to find out how to run mysqld as root!

080319 17:11:04 [ERROR] Aborting

mysql-test-run: *** ERROR: Could not find version of MySQL
    Output from error log file:

Code:
    080317 03:10:57 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/var
    /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file: './mysql/plugin.frm' (errno: 13)
    080317  3:10:57 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.
    080317  3:10:57 [ERROR] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/usr/local/var/bt.pid' (Errcode: 13)
    080317  3:10:57 [ERROR] Can't start server: can't create PID file: Permission denied
    080317 03:10:57 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /usr/local/var/bt.pid ended
    080319 02:50:55 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/var
    080319  2:50:55 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.
    080319  2:50:55 [ERROR] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/usr/local/var/bt.pid' (Errcode: 13)
    080319  2:50:55 [ERROR] Can't start server: can't create PID file: Permission denied
    080319 02:50:55 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /usr/local/var/bt.pid ended
    080319 17:10:29 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/var
    080319 17:10:29 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.
    080319 17:10:29 [ERROR] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/usr/local/var/bt.pid' (Errcode: 13)
    080319 17:10:29 [ERROR] Can't start server: can't create PID file: Permission denied
    080319 17:10:29 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /usr/local/var/bt.pid ended
    Another from konsole:

Code:
    bt ~ # mysql_upgrade
    Looking for 'mysql' in: /usr/local/bin/mysql
    Looking for 'mysqlcheck' in: /usr/local/bin/mysqlcheck
    Running 'mysqlcheck'...
    /usr/local/bin/mysqlcheck: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) when trying to connect
    FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

bt ~ # mysqladmin --socket=/tmp/mysql.sock version
    mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)'
    Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' exists! ( yeah, it exists ;/ )
    i was trying all stuff from mysql official site, setting chmods, chown, editing socket path in my.cnf and i am outta ideas now how to set it to work
    Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it?
    Btw, i'm totaly new to setting mysql server, never done it before...

Good friend of the forums

I would assume theres an RC script some place to start mysql idiot proof you just have to find out the password

Have a look to mysql config file. There is some stuff to change.
    And for connecting to mysql (not starting the process) you have to know the login and password. By default, who can access it with the roo account :

mysqladmin -u root --password...

Jezzz, my brain is going to blow...I've reinstalled mysql and now there is no mysql.sock file at all ;/ no my.cnf too...And it makes me LOL, when i am trying to find some mysql folders and what? They do not exist too! My first install was mysql 6 alpha and everything was in the place, now i got version 5 and it looks like it is here, but its not abstract application or something xD When i was installing it on debian(from the repositories) there was something like mysql binaries and during instalation i got a dialog window to set root pass, after all, mysql was working perfect. Here on slack i am realy going crazy right now
    Every time i got the same error:
    Code:
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
    and root pass is empty i think...Gosh, for a couple of month bt is my only OS and i do not want to return to debian

Just burned his ISO

hmmm...

got the same probleme here....

Good friend of the forums

just look for /etc/init.d/mysql* or what ever the path is for slax I think BT3 uses...