Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WiFi VPN

Any good proxy sites.Because i am sick of having block sites here.

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim52 View Post
    What do you mean, you're sick of having block sites?
    Who's blocking the sites?
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahim52 View Post
    There is probably a good reason for that.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by stran717 View Post
    How about the guy down the street who's packet sniffing your cable modem ring? How about the guy from across town who compromises your faulty ADSL modem? The point is not that your ISP is the main problem. The point is that your home network is just as easily hacked as the remote network you are on. So you provide yourself with a false sense of security doing what you suggest. From what I read and have confirmed using it the vpn provider I referenced has their servers hosted at Amazon. Using your logic, I'd trust my unencrypted traffic coming out of Amazon's internal network, with millions of transactions flowing through it a day, to be free from hackers more than my local cable modem or DSL connection.
    Well if someone did compromise my dsl modem, they would run up against the firewall. So it's not a false sense of security. You really need to put the tinfoil hat away.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    What do you mean, you're sick of having block sites?
    Who's blocking the sites?
    United Arab Emirates.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    United Arab Emirates.
    Aren't the laws quite harsh there. I'd be careful bypassing proxies unless you're quite sure that something terrible is not going to happen to you.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

I've never used it before but I've heard that Tor combined with privoxy is a relatively good way to keep your privacy, i read it in a PC magasine somewhere. anyone know if its any good?

Just burned his ISO

Default Yup, a falses ense of security

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Well if someone did compromise my dsl modem, they would run up against the firewall. So it's not a false sense of security. You really need to put the tinfoil hat away.
    If they compromise your DSL modem they don’ t need to breach your firewall because all of your packets are flowing through the modem. But whatever, keep on giving people advise that makes no sense.

Just burned his ISO

Default Too slow

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    I've never used it before but I've heard that Tor combined with privoxy is a relatively good way to keep your privacy, i read it in a PC magasine somewhere. anyone know if its any good?
    It's good but it's very slow. Think dial up speeds a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    Aren't the laws quite harsh there. I'd be careful bypassing proxies unless you're quite sure that something terrible is not going to happen to you.
    Thats why,i am just sick of sites getting block everyday.Its just getting hard now to surf the internet.Because you can't use p2p,torrents or any file sharing program.I am having 4mbps and even if some trackers are online in torrents and with around 500 seeders.I get only 15KB/sec max.So thats why and tried proxies too doesnt work here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast