Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious WEP cracking question.

ah well my default one is 9 digits. Plus the extra goods. Someone once told me to add a character thats a special symbol like cubed. Makes it even harder to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by karabaja4 View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong, but wpa(2) passwords like "$&712đš/!$@{*Asćłł27" are IMPOSSIBLE to break, at least in reasonable amount of time. everyting else is crackable.

so why use anything except wpa2 with a complicated password?
    its not impossible, just highly unlikely that a word/phrase such as the above will be in someones dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ragnarok View Post
    ah well my default one is 9 digits. Plus the extra goods. Someone once told me to add a character thats a special symbol like cubed. Makes it even harder to crack.
    The odds of someone getting to my machine remotely is pretty slim. Once they have physical access to it, it really doesn't matter what the password is.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by merlin051 View Post
    its not impossible, just highly unlikely that a word/phrase such as the above will be in someones dictionary.
    Yeah not impossible.....only to most
    But My dictionary would deffo have & would crack it with airolib-ng in about 5 mins

But I agree with most the post here, dont use wep, use wpa+wpa2 aes/tkip & after you get the key, yeah you could prob's use hydra & get into the router & clear the logs, but also if they have mac address filtering on, there are also ways around this too

best of luck

correct me if i'm wrong, but wpa(2) passwords like "$&712đš/!$@{*Asćłł27" are IMPOSSIBLE to break, at least in reasonable amount of time. everyting else is crackable.

so why use anything except wpa2 with a complicated password?
    good question, especially given that WPA enterprise EAP and LEAP are vulnerable

perhaps WPA2 with a hard password is hard to manage from a system admin point of view?
    "Sure is for people with nothing on the line.....you and me? We just get on with it."

-Garabaldi

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The odds of someone getting to my machine remotely is pretty slim. Once they have physical access to it, it really doesn't matter what the password is.
    True. Given my environment I'm not really worried about that too much just on my part. Plus, they'd have really nothing to gain. Except maybe... a few mostly rare games, one of which is a notorious hentai visual novel. XP. O wait. Well. They have access to a bank account that for the most part is dried up. But on this particular machine there's no leads that I even have one. Besides this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Check your desktop.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by samsung View Post
    But My dictionary would deffo have & would crack it with airolib-ng in about 5 mins
    am i missing something here? how will airolib-ng help you if the password is not in your dictionary (and i'm sure the password from my previous post is not )

am i missing something here? how will airolib-ng help you if the password is not in your dictionary (and i'm sure the password from my previous post is not )
    How sure are you that the password you refer to is not in his dictionary?
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    How sure are you that the password you refer to is not in his dictionary?
    ha ha, cheers .lonewolf, you beat me to this

Quote Originally Posted by karabaja4
    am i missing something here? how will airolib-ng help you if the password is not in your dictionary (and i'm sure the password from my previous post is not)
    Because MY database that I use, has a lot of GOOD passwords in it
    maybe it doesnt, but who knows

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast