Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If i Don`t have any clients connected to my wep ....

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy If i Don`t have any clients connected to my wep ....

I have an Edimax EW7318USG usb adapter and i`ve been trying to crack my own wep but had no success untill now ...first it wouldn`t of autenthicate corectly it just said open system over and over but thanks to the forum i read about correcting that with iwconfig rausb0 rate 1m ...

Now it authenticates and says succesfull but i start aireplay and i get read packets ...but 0 ARP and 0 ACKs ...when i connected a client (a friend with his laptop) i got ARP requests but 0 ACKs ....i tryed the chochop attack too but when i typed the aireplay command it just sayd read and counted packages but it didn`t stop ..just kept on counting ...

The mac filter is of ...the AP is right near the laptop .... to sorten out this problems ...

And when my friend connected to my network i couldn`t see him with airodump ...is there any way that i can force airodump to see the connected client ?

Just burned his ISO

Default Fix

A little google goes a longggg way my friend. I found this after typing 'backtrack 3 wireless' into google.....first page. If you look for your wireless adapter, you can see that that there is a link to your specific problem.

I can't post links because i haven't posted enough, but just do a google search and you should have no problems finding it.

Do a little reading on that, and you should be fine.

I've been staying up to date with backtrack since its release, and this is the first post I've ever done and it is to re-iterate the fact that GOOGLE IS A HACKER'S BEST FRIEND!!!

Just burned his ISO

i don`t know to wich of my 2 questions you are refering to ...first of all i do a lot of searching google is always my first choice ...and trust me i`ve been stearing at more than 30 google pages before posting this ... the airodump command for revealing the connected clients i knew but i forgott it and i tryed searching for it but i can seem to find it ...it was in one tutorial thread but...

The question i am refering to is why don`t i get ACK`s when i try the auth/deauth or chop chop attack ...

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ne0_ang3lz View Post
    i don`t know to wich of my 2 questions you are refering to ...first of all i do a lot of searching google is always my first choice ...and trust me i`ve been stearing at more than 30 google pages before posting this ... the airodump command for revealing the connected clients i knew but i forgott it and i tryed searching for it but i can seem to find it ...it was in one tutorial thread but...

The question i am refering to is why don`t i get ACK`s when i try the auth/deauth or chop chop attack ...
    Try this tutorial first.
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

that and the other videos that xploitz did were the first things i watched over and over again before i even had the bt 3 cd so i am doying everything as he does only i don`t have a client to ping like he does ..in rest i do all the right commands ...probably it`s because of my linksys rooter ..i`ll try on another rooter my friends i`ll ask him to bring it to my house ...
    thanks anyway ..

and i would like to thank xploitz because he`s videos are extremely helpfull , and it`s great that he took time to make them ...

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ne0_ang3lz View Post
    i am doying everything as he does only i don`t have a client to ping like he does ..i
    Just take your time and do it again m8 the tutorial I am referring to is titled
    -=Xploitz=- VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"
    See also:
    http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=h...ith_no_clients
    You do not have to have clients in order to crack a wep key
    so again go back look at one of the tutorials and try again you will get it.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

take a look at this its my first attempt at a video, a clientless WEP attack.

http://blip.tv/file/765249

Just burned his ISO

WOW merlin!! That was was one of the best videos I have ever seen on cracking WEP. Great video quality but maybe next time you should go into more detail in what you type.

Quote Originally Posted by PR0J3CT_C View Post
    WOW merlin!! That was was one of the best videos I have ever seen on cracking WEP. Great video quality but maybe next time you should go into more detail in what you type.
    More detail? What more do you want lol I think his video is fine, esp if it's his 1st I know it takes time & thought & effort going into making these videos like the ones I've made for BT & also other members have done as well, so thumbs up from me for this one

Quote Originally Posted by samsung View Post
    More detail? What more do you want lol I think his video is fine, esp if it's his 1st I know it takes time & thought & effort going into making these videos like the ones I've made for BT & also other members have done as well, so thumbs up from me for this one
    Maybe he wants the video to crack the wep for him.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast