Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question of topic of BT

Quote Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
    I will do some research on packet analysis and get back to yea on that
    packet analysis = analyzing your network traffic packet by packet. The simplist way to do this is to run wireshark and browse the web. All the web data, as well as the TCP/IP info or Ethernet data (if you're on a LAN) will be logged.

Most IDS systems log supicious network activity a la wireshark so admins can go back and look at exactly what/who was attacked/scanned, from where etc (aka packet analysis or packet forensics).

What you are seeing is quite common, fear not. Keep up with updates, don't download anything questionable and you're good to go.

IMHO, most firewall programs are a rip...they guzzle up your cpu resources...if you're just an average cpu user, windows firewall, is more than good enough. I can't tell you how many hours I have spent troubleshooting 3rd party client-based firewalls at my work for users that 90% of whom have no obvious use for (a laptop for a housewife who uses it check email and upload photos of her kids does not need norton internet security) When I ask them why they have them, most of the time they say it came with the computer on a trial basis, and they upgraded to full due to fear of being hacked. To me, this is a marketing strategy based on FUD.....

ok enough rambling for me. back on topic, this link should also prove useful to you:

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=11321
    "Sure is for people with nothing on the line.....you and me? We just get on with it."

-Garabaldi

Just burned his ISO

Ok i analyzed my network from what I see (and you said) everything looks good
    the link did help. every bit of info help's
    But there still coming so....... I've done a few test's
    I've changed my IP (dynamic) they would stop for that nite
    then the next day it would happen
    changed it again same thing
    so I asked one of my coworks (that live's down the street) if he was having the same issue and he is. So I set up my neighbour with my firewall. Samething, so we have come to the conclusion that they are scaning this node. All 3 PC's in the same node same attackers.

Now the question is there someway to stop it or should we just let it be???
    Quote Originally Posted by anubis2k7 View Post
    What you are seeing is quite common, fear not. Keep up with updates, don't download anything questionable and you're good to go.
    And Thank You for all of your help
    Im just a Cable tech working on my CCNA

Quote Originally Posted by anubis2k7 View Post
    ...ok enough rambling for me...
    I enjoy reading your rambling, netsec ramblings are very interesting ^^

Im just a Cable tech working on my CCNA
    Heh, I done that before. I got scammed, but I read all about the CCNA via textbooks etc and I'm going to go for it again as soon as I move house. Good luck with it! Was also a cabletech for ONE day! lol...never seen as much cables in my life...the trays are handy for home-use though

Hope you find a good netsec setup, as mentioned by anubis, the link that discusses the Snort/CentOS/BASE setup is really worth reading. I learnt a lot from that.

Just burned his ISO

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    I enjoy reading your rambling, netsec ramblings are very interesting ^^

Heh, I done that before. I got scammed, but I read all about the CCNA via textbooks etc and I'm going to go for it again as soon as I move house. Good luck with it! Was also a cabletech for ONE day! lol...never seen as much cables in my life...the trays are handy for home-use though

Hope you find a good netsec setup, as mentioned by anubis, the link that discusses the Snort/CentOS/BASE setup is really worth reading. I learnt a lot from that.

HAHAHAHA Someone I can relate with.....
    Well if it isent staying up to 1AM working or studing
    I have alot of ebooks i can upload for you just PM me and i will. I also have a few videos that will help to just let me know and ill do it
    and same to you good luck. I have a good resorce for the ccna. Anything you need, Ill see what i can do for ya

HAHAHAHA Someone I can relate with.....
    Well if it isent staying up to 1AM working or studing
    I have alot of ebooks i can upload for you just PM me and i will. I also have a few videos that will help to just let me know and ill do it
    and same to you good luck. I have a good resorce for the ccna. Anything you need, Ill see what i can do for ya
    Heh, nice!

If you could that would be extremely useful, you don't have to do it right away but yeh man, I would appreciate that as I love having a lot of resources at hand ya know? The people who scammed me [homevisit] where rouge interviewers for 'SkillsTrain'. I plan to go with Open University here in the UK in the near future.

Developer

Just a friendly reminder not to link to any copywrited books or any other sort of warez material on this site.

Just burned his ISO

no problem pureh@te I'll keep that out of here

Just burned his ISO

hi there

Well i have a question and i wanted open a new topic but it doesnt work cose probably im a new member.? I have no prob with it.

Well im online right now with BT 3 beta and i can say im amazed ! BT3 is hot stuff and the programms too.

Im lookin for books about BT or about the BT programms. Can y help me plz?
    Can y post links from amazon?

Im lookin for books with Howtos,tutorials etc.

Any ideas,suggestions?

It will be nice if y can help me!

thx

Just burned his ISO

I would have to direct you to the noobs thread. It is full of usefull info, and a learning path you should take. And the community of people here are great, just dont ask question's like "how do i hack my friends wifi" u you will get banned...... and do some research befor you ask. Remember GOOGLE is your friend. But I will help ya any way I can
    I dont know everything but I can find it out

good luck

As far as official BT books go I don't know of any, plus, you don't really need a book about Back|Track per say, you just need to research whatever tools you are trying to utilize. Check the tutorials section here on the site and also check http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7161 for a lot of very good resources. Let me know if there's something in particular you're interested in and I'll help you (ATTN everyone) out the best I can.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast