Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hacking Heart Defibrillator and Pacemakers

A friend of mine was told he didn’t get a job because he didn’t have an ECDL {European Computer Driving Licence: Even Members of the Idiots Corner League would be able to complete this}, his MSCE and CCNA were not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That is terribly scary if people are actually holding that up to some kind of standard.

This device won't show up on the wifi radar as it runs on the 900mhz band.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Hey Barry, I just had my wife take a sample A+ test, she got 17 wrong out of 80 and passed, and she only know computers from what I happen to tell her in my daily work.

That pretty much proves how worthless the test is.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

reading this posting reminds me of something from "ghost in the shell"

but such things are to be expected as cyber technology becomes smaller and more advanced and ubiquitous...

medicines, at least in the US have to go through a rigorous experimenting/testing...i would hope that cyberized devices will be held to the same standards.
    "Sure is for people with nothing on the line.....you and me? We just get on with it."

-Garabaldi

Disturbing information to say the least but interesting none-the-less.
    Thanks for sharing.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by anubis2k7 View Post
    reading this posting reminds me of something from "ghost in the shell"

but such things are to be expected as cyber technology becomes smaller and more advanced and ubiquitous...

medicines, at least in the US have to go through a rigorous experimenting/testing...i would hope that cyberized devices will be held to the same standards.
    Just like in the Military sector the Medical sector has been doing more and more with COTS* technology in an effort to cut costs. Unfortunately, this has dire consequences.

*Commercial Off The Shelf
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

This hit Make: and someone posted about the price involved with obtaining a device to test. Problem is they don't know how easy it really is. A friend of mine recently graduated medical school, his cadaver had one, he kept it. Find a med student who needs some cash....

Quote Originally Posted by beakmyn View Post
    This hit Make: and someone posted about the price involved with obtaining a device to test. Problem is they don't know how easy it really is. A friend of mine recently graduated medical school, his cadaver had one, he kept it. Find a med student who needs some cash....
    That reminds me: Funeral homes and cremation services routinely remove cardiac implants from cadavers that are going to be cremated. This is because the power supplies contain radioactive materials which would burst during cremation. For some reason the EPA takes exception on releasing radiative isotopes into the atmosphere. I have a couple of mortician friends, and I'll have to ask one of them how they dispose of that stuff.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12