Thread: Boot hangs at Floppy drive?

Just burned his ISO

Default Boot hangs at Floppy drive?

So I have a usb with Bv3 and Cd's of v2 and bv3 and they all used to work just fine but randomly one day after coming home from work i attempted to boot it went as usual but at the floppy part it just hangs there... Im not sure what has happened....

Just burned his ISO

same thing happens for me. i've tried booting from live discs (which i've burned at slow speeds on fresh discs) and also from usb, but i always hang on "Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M"

any way to bypass this? or is it getting caught up on whatever loads after the floppy?

Just burned his ISO

Yeah thats exactly what happens to mine... It just seems odd that this started randomly after working perfectly on all versions for about a week. So no ones got anything on this? Anyone know if there is a way to bypass the floppy part completely?

Just burned his ISO

Well, I tried disabling the integrated SD card reader and such, just in case it was recognizing those as a floppy drive. It didn't work... So, I'm not really sure what's going on. My computer doesn't even have a floppy drive in it, so it's thoroughly confusing me. What model are you both on? I'm using an Inspiron 1521.

Just burned his ISO

hp pavilion dv661se..... yeah mine has no floppy either and it don't understand because it worked perfectly for over 20 boots id say now its doing this...

Just burned his ISO

I just started trying to use BT3, and it doesn't work on my actual machine. BT2 works fine, but I would like to be using v3 instead. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Just burned his ISO

Default fix/help?

Im running a dell inspiron 1521 and i have never been able to get back track 3 running...getting the floppy stall...so i searched around and found out that if i added acpi=off to the boot script it fixed it...but now im getting a hda failed interrupted, does anyone have a fix for that?