Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25,000 Members

congrats on the member count

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    It's also worth noting that this particular reincarnation of the forums was started from scratch only 2 or 3 years ago, iirc.

The numbers aren't just representative of simple forum membership figures, whether participant or not, but more so the number of BackTrack users that have bothered to check out and join the forums. The fact that many members do not participate doesn't detract from the evident popularity of BackTrack, bearing in mind that no-one has to join in order to access the forums.

I would take as much, perhaps more interest in the climbing number of average posts per day, or active member numbers, which have both climbed steadily since this new forum began, and not only around major version release dates (BT2/BT3b)

Some may knock it, but I am pleased and proud that the general atmosphere is mainly that of enthusiastic participation.
    I agree with you 100%, Re@lity. It is indeed something to be proud of.

At this point, it would probably be appropriate to add, that people's sense of humor vary from country to country. So while it may seem as if some people are "knocking it", it may be just a way of acknowledging the achievement in a not so serious manner. Just how friends mess around with each other. Almost a "Term of Endearment", in a sense. Forgive me I came across wrong.

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone, involved in the success of BackTrack for all there hard work and dedication, that has moulded BackTrack into one of the FINEST Linux distros on the planet, imo.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    Andrus86 was the 25,000th member.
    Why does is show him as user=25048? Is there a 48 person offset somewhere in there?

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    It's also worth noting that this particular reincarnation of the forums was started from scratch only 2 or 3 years ago, iirc.

The numbers aren't just representative of simple forum membership figures, whether participant or not, but more so the number of BackTrack users that have bothered to check out and join the forums. The fact that many members do not participate doesn't detract from the evident popularity of BackTrack, bearing in mind that no-one has to join in order to access the forums.

I would take as much, perhaps more interest in the climbing number of average posts per day, or active member numbers, which have both climbed steadily since this new forum began, and not only around major version release dates (BT2/BT3b)

Some may knock it, but I am pleased and proud that the general atmosphere is mainly that of enthusiastic participation.
    Indeed.
    Everyone who has a hand in the creation of backtrack deserves a pat on the back. The backtrack distro is wonderful, in fact it is soo good that schools use backtrack and many companies use and recommend backtrack.

On top of that the forums and wiki are wonderful support for this powerful tool. There are always hundreds of nameless people surfing the forums. I would rather remember the people who make this forum good instead of remembering the people who post worthless crap.

Thanks; Admin's, Mod's, and everyone else who provide everyone here great support out of the kindness of thier hearts.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    Why does is show him as user=25048? Is there a 48 person offset somewhere in there?
    You're right, Digital7 is actually UID=25000
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Oh well.....no prize for Andrus86 after all......

Just burned his ISO

Hi everybody , i think i 'm in 25,000 user ,, congrats!. GoodDays

Quote Originally Posted by Serhatx View Post
    Hi everybody , i think i 'm in 25,000 user ,, congrats!. GoodDays
    If you are... maybe you'll get the prize

But, to be honest... it looks like you're the 27,708 member.

Sorry... maybe next time
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12