Thread: Using Airbase-ng

Just burned his ISO

Question Using Airbase-ng

Using this walk through A day with Tape: Fake AP using airbase-ng i was able to setup a fake AP and connect from another laptop. Everything seems to be fine, i can ping IP's outside but DNS isnt working for some reason (works fine on fake AP). Using wireshark on the pc acting as the AP i can see the dns lookups going out just fine but no results.
    Not sure if this is related but when i ping an outside IP i get (DUP!) back in almost every reply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Using Airbase-ng

Hi lex0429, I'm also trying to follow along with A day with Tape: Fake AP using airbase-ng

But I keep getting "limited or no connectivity" on my wireless windows client. Have you figured out the root problem? I think it may have to do with DCHP, I wasn't even able to get a proper IP on my wireless client connecting to the fake AP host

Just burned his ISO

lex0429,

Have you seen this script?

g0tmi1k: [Script] FakeAP_pwn - Create a Fake AP (auto bash script)

I've been able to get my computer to give out IP addresses via DHCP, but I can't seem to get the client to get through the gateway. I'll post more specific things tonight, but I'm wondering if you've seen that blog post above.

Just burned his ISO

this seems like an old post anywho i skimmed through the blog post and
    it seems the issue with DNS is caused by
    Code:
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1
    this rule redirects all DNS traffic to .1.1 so unless you have a responding DNS service at 1.1 it will fail. i think its irrelevant since you can pretty much set the DNS out dhcpd.conf,

my 2 cents