hello

I made a usb bt3 (from iso in windows and virtual CD) and it works on acer travelmate 663LMi. I have some issues with external USB keyboard tho ONLY with KDM: when numlock is off and i press page up/down or keys home insert etc... I get a screenshot sometimes it crashes (as it takes dozens of screenshots). FLUX runs smoothly.
So no big issue here, any tips would be welcome tho.

Anyway, after that I tried bt3 stick on a packard bell easynote E1260 ...(never had any luck booting with usb here, not even USB_FFD boots on this sliper)

A bit sloppy here, I have grub already installed, I copied the the USB bt3 contents on hda7 ext2 and modified menu.lst it kinda worked but although I have full screen, applications windows are restricted to a smaller part of the screen. It's difficult to describe the visual effect, but it is problematic to use the mouse to focus inside any applications' window. For example the text URL entry area of firefox. This problem applies to both KDM and FLUX....

I must admit 1st time user of grub and bt so do i need to change something?

Is it a better idea to try bt2 final? (one laptop if 3 years old the other 4) (any links?)

from syslinux directory I copied into grub.lst the following
====
title BT+FLUX VGA301
root (hd0,6)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz vga=0x301 ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 autoexec=xconf;flux
initrd /boot/initrd.gz
====

I tried VGA=normal , 792, 0x317 also but problem with pointer remains,

(I found very little information on google, about chexpand: what is it for btw?)

I made the grub.lst entry based on the original syslinux.cfg
===
LABEL flux
MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (Flux)
KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 autoexec=xconf;flux
===

I would really appreciate your help. btw 1st time poster here.