Thread: bt3 boot menu never loads!

Just burned his ISO

Default bt3 boot menu never loads!

When I boot the bt3 usb from my gateway laptop for some reason the boot menu never appears, I mean the boot menu as in KDE,Flux,....ect.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

So what do you get?
    Or what is the problem?
    Does it boot to a gui or to a prompt?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Once booting from usb-bt3 beta the screen suddenly goes black and shows the blinking dash at the top left of the screen like it is trying to load. However, the usb never gets past that screen so I can pick an option from the prompt.

Quote Originally Posted by tman144566 View Post
    Once booting from usb-bt3 beta the screen suddenly goes black and shows the blinking dash at the top left of the screen like it is trying to load. However, the usb never gets past that screen so I can pick an option from the prompt.
    E-Z fix: Format, start over, see if there's anything you missed. ... Like did you run the bootinst.sh? ... Things like that. ...Otherwise it sounds like you'd be wasting your time. ... Maybe that's just me. if something doesn't work right off the back (i.e. i boot load) then i have to believe it's something i've done, and trust in the programmers who made it, and that they could get that much of it right. And if that's the case the other thing left is me! ;^) So (if i was you) i'd just restart that whole usb stick, AND follow the step-by-step instructions, THEN if you're still having a problem (which i doubt by this time).... put up another post. The people here are always willing to help ....(well, most of the time)

-KS
    If a paraplegic made a deal with the devil to walk again, he's surely bound to be hit by a bus shortly there after.

-KS

Developer

Also are you entirely certain your laptop boots from usb?

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Also are you entirely certain your laptop boots from usb?
    Well, he say that it loads to the point of the blinking curser. I would yes, but maybe he needs to check it in the bios as well.
    If a paraplegic made a deal with the devil to walk again, he's surely bound to be hit by a bus shortly there after.

-KS

Just burned his ISO

When I boot from the usb-bt3 from other laptops it works perfectly fine. Actually, the usb-bt3 allows me to pick and use every option from the prompt (ie KDE,FLUX, TEXt...ect). I almost wonder if it is my laptop that is giving me problems because from what I've read bt3 beta has issues with AMD processor computers with ATI xpress 200 graphic cards.

Thanks

Developer

I didnt suggest there was anything from with your USB. I suggested there was something going on with your laptops fuction to boot from usb.

Just burned his ISO

I know what you meant!

Just burned his ISO

Thanks guys, it is working now! I was being stupid and did not set the option to boot from usb in my bios. The setting in the bios did the trick.

Thanks