Thread: find and view web pages from pcap files

Default find and view web pages from pcap files

Hello there!!!

I have a little question to ask. For my last yesar project, I need to find a way to view web pages from pcap files. I mean, I need to view those pages like in my browser. Do you konw if it is possible?
    I have tested some good softs under Windows but, with Backtrack, there is more powerfull tools that could impressed my teachers like cain & abel for the password recovery. But the main features in my project is the possibility to view the web pages i have browsed earlier.

Thanks for the help

Why do you want our help to impress your teachers?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

It is not really to impressed him, it is just that he is an idiot. He does not understand a bit of what I am trying to do. He thinks that it is impossible to reconstruct a web pages from pcap file.

My second reason is that I will do an internship in the domain of legal interception. So I will need to know what is possible and is not.

Ok after some reaserch on the forum I have found ChaosReader which is what I was looking for.
    But I have never run a perl script. I am searching some tuto to find how compile and run perl scripts.

If you have any kinks on that, please share tehm with me.