Thread: save bt3 beta hdd installed changes

Just burned his ISO

Default save bt3 beta hdd installed changes

After an agonizing few days trying to install bt3 beta to my hdd without rewritting my mbr...and losing xp pro partiotion.. I managed to succesully get a dual boot system running.

I have 2 partitions so far 5.1gb for backtrack and 31 gb for xp

boots fine...however...

even if i select persistent changes from the bt3 boot menu any changes i make to system are lost upon reboot.
    I once found help how to save some changes by using the make changes module process...which I cant find anymore~?? which now keeps my keyboard and wallpaper settings.. but not my kismet.conf changes and or my new zd1211 firmware for usb wan adapter or newly installed ad1211 drivers.

I read here somewhere about needing an ext2 partition and saving changes to this... will this work? do i need to to make changes module each time I change something??
    sorry for being a newbie.. but am fast learner.
    Thanks for any helpful information you can offer.

Here are instructions on how to save changes when using a USB install. I would imagine that a hdd install works basically the same way. If you use this method, changes are saved automatically and there is no more that needs to be done. Hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    After an agonizing few days trying to install bt3 beta to my hdd without rewritting my mbr...and losing xp pro partiotion.. I managed to succesully get a dual boot system running.

I have 2 partitions so far 5.1gb for backtrack and 31 gb for xp

boots fine...however...

even if i select persistent changes from the bt3 boot menu any changes i make to system are lost upon reboot.
    I once found help how to save some changes by using the make changes module process...which I cant find anymore~?? which now keeps my keyboard and wallpaper settings.. but not my kismet.conf changes and or my new zd1211 firmware for usb wan adapter or newly installed ad1211 drivers.

I read here somewhere about needing an ext2 partition and saving changes to this... will this work? do i need to to make changes module each time I change something??
    sorry for being a newbie.. but am fast learner.
    Thanks for any helpful information you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by abitaz View Post
    Here are instructions on how to save changes when using a USB install. I would imagine that a hdd install works basically the same way. If you use this method, changes are saved automatically and there is no more that needs to be done. Hope it works
    Works the same on a hdd install. That's how I have my laptop set up.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Thank you both very much for providing the link.
    I am about to foolow the guidelines provided.
    Thanks again.